• Options
    Seraphina
    Evangeline
    Genevieve

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lauren Naomi

I once photographed a child with this name years ago & I still remember it. Her parents were straightening her clothes & called her by her full name. I just thought it was so unusually lovely paired together.

• Options
    mkbland said:
    Francesca
    You took mine, ha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Seraphina
    Evangeline
    Genevieve

I love Evangeline! I think of the housemaid in Nanny McFee :)

I've been told my "wow" name is a little redneck, so I'm hesitant to post it here :-P I'm a bit of a country girl.
  • Options

Elijah! (Ok, I'm biased since that's DS's name).

Abel- I fell in love with that name when I heard it was one of the little boy's at DS's DC.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Elisabetta
  • Options
    Elisabetta

Oh my!
  • Options
    I fell in love with the name Louisa Augusta. It was the name of the queens daughter in the movie "a royal affair" she said the name with a Dutch accent and I fell in love. DH vetoed Augusta but at least he liked Louisa. I feel like names are so much prettier in foreign accents.
  • Options
    How do you pronounce Aoife?
  • Options
    Brandiwine, Id like to hear your country girl wow name ;-)
  • Options
    Saoirse
    Ninon - I have no idea why I love this name so!

Valor
    August - just love!

These are some of the ones I'm crushing on hard right now.

Don't worry, I'm working on it. 

• Options
    How do you pronounce Aoife?
    I was wondering the same thing!

I love Francesca too! But I also like (though can't think of one right now) but a great FN/MN combo where parents call the child by both. I just like long feminine names on girls.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My own children's, but that's cheating... I love Willow and Noelle for some reason, too. They sound so beautiful to my ear, and James for a boy but it's my last name so that sort of cures me from using it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love names that are ultra feminine, no mistaking girls for boys.

My boys all have real boys names also - they are Wesley, Zachary, Jeremy, and Tobey
  • Options
    Alistair, Maris, Ever, Madeleine - These are very melodic to me. 
    Don't worry, I'm working on it. 

• Options
    GP names for me that sound beautiful:

Laurel, Willow, Lily, Lavender, Lilac
  • Options

Anything Irish, German or Greek
    Mary

• Options
    SidraJedi said:
    Anything Irish, German or Greek Mary

I agree! I knew a Greek sibset Stavros and Athena and I just loved their names!
  • Options
    Aoife = ee-fa (?) - it's an Irish girls name...similar to our Eva. I had to look that one up!

• Options
    My cousin named his baby Athena, she's almost 1 & adorable!
  • Options

You all know that I have this weird obsession with Victoria.  I think it's because I grew up not liking the name, and now it's fresh and new to me.  Same thing with Rose.  I hated it growing up, but now I think it's so beautiful.

Seraphina is another.  I don't think I'd ever want to use it, but it's lovely to my ears.

I know some people find Eleanor harsh, but I love the way it slips off the tongue.

I absolutely love the simplicity of Eve.  I may just like V in names. I also like Genevieve.

For boys, I love Frederick.  I know some people think it's a little stuffy, but I love it.

I'm also a big fan of both Jude and Julian. Ellis is another--not sure I could use it, but I love the way it comes out with no effort.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Brandiwine14Brandiwine14 member
    edited December 2013
    I have never heard of that one, but I think I like it! Definitely one to run by DH because of his Irish heritage.

*oops... I mean to quote the post about Aoife!
  • Options

lol It's Jolene. Me and DH both love it but people are telling me it's way too country though that never really crossed my mind!
  • Options
    Aoife as well, I met a little girl with this name and fell in love ! Also, Elizaveta which will be LOs name if it is a girl !
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    edited December 2013
    lol It's Jolene. Me and DH both love it but people are telling me it's way too country though that never really crossed my mind!

Blame Dolly Parton.

I don't love Jolene, but if you guys both love it, then to heck with everyone else.

• Options

OMG....I LOOOOVVVEEEE Jolene!  We considered it for DD.  I am no where near "the country"

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I want to add that I think Elisabet and Katerina are beautiful.

• Options
    NerdyLucy said:

Blame Dolly Parton.

I don't love Jolene, but if you guys both love it, then to heck with everyone else.

In all honesty, I fell in love with the name when a 6-year-old at the music studio I worked for sang the Dolly Parton song and it was absolutely adorable and surprisingly an awesome performance from a 6-year-old. I had the song stuck in my head for days. The only downfall is that everyone will be thinking of Dolly Parton when they hear it...
  • Options

Blame Dolly Parton.

In all honesty, I fell in love with the name when a 6-year-old at the music studio I worked for sang the Dolly Parton song and it was absolutely adorable and surprisingly an awesome performance from a 6-year-old. I had the song stuck in my head for days. The only downfall is that everyone will be thinking of Dolly Parton when they hear it...

FWIW, I went to college with a Jolene and I don't remember associating her name with a country song much; maybe when I first met her, but after that? Not really.

• Options
    I like Elspeth.  If I ever become a fairy, that will be my name.

• Options
    Oh I love Arwen too, but LoTR kinda ruins it for me. Kinda. Maybe. ;)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It's a fun song, and DOlly Parton seems like a hoot and a genuinely nice person, so, to quote Grease, "there are worse things they could do." 

• Options

Jolene is very pretty, I don't see that as being country/redneck in the least.
  • Options
    Veronique
  • Options
    Annabel
    Ophelia
    Odessa
    Athena
    Iris
    Camille
    Adele
    Anniversary
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Being from Ireland originally I love
    Saoirse & Aoibheann but DH vetoed them on spelling grounds :(
  • Options
    Brandiwine14Brandiwine14 member
    edited December 2013
  • Options

Jolene is very pretty, I don't see that as being country/redneck in the least.

Love Jolene!  I don't think it's "country".  Maybe they think that because of the song?

It's one of those names that gets messed up somewhat in our southern accents I think... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"