June 2014 Moms
Options

State Threatens Removal of Baby Because Mom Feeds Homemade Formula

https://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/mother-forced-to-feed-infant-store-bought-formula-over-homemade-goat-milks-formula/

I say if the boy was growing properly and the food was meeting his nutritional needs...why the need for intervention? 

Another juicy one...and go!!

Re: State Threatens Removal of Baby Because Mom Feeds Homemade Formula

• Options
    I don't see a problem with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I always thought homemade formula was called breastmilk. I agree though, if he is gaining weight why do they need to remove him?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ...because they don't have enough real unfit mothers to deal with?
    AGREED! Maybe if it was a newborn... but the kid is 3... and seems to be doing pretty well. If a hospital stay proves that he is healthy and getting nutrients, leave the family alone!
  • Options
    amoot890 said:

It feels like there are some gaps in this story.

Yeah...I'm wondering if her dr told her it wasn't the best option because of some kind of health issue. But also, you usually have to be a cracked out child beater to get your kid taken away so I'm sure there is more here.
  • Options
    It seems like there are several gaps in this story.

Personally, I think she is being ridiculous in regards to not vaccinating her son. She sounded really smug in the interview on the Bangor web site.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If the state stepped in it was because her doctor reported her because they had concerns.  Her story sounds choppy.  

There was a couple here in Atlanta the fed their baby only soy milk.  The child died and was very very under weight.  All the medical examiners said that the baby had to have been starving and would have been screaming it's head off for food.  To this day the parents, who both went to prison, swear they didn't do anything wrong.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"