Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Hospital/OB recs

Hi all. I am new to the board.  My husband I are thinking about TTC soon and have started researching all the wonderful things that go along with that.

I would love some advice.  Where do you ladies think the best place to deliver is in Dallas?  

-We know we want a hospital birth, with a level III NICU ( just in case).

-My husband is a chiropractor, and while we both want as all natural as possible, we also know we don't know what to expect so we are very flexible but we would like to deliver somewhere that will allow doulas (I am planning to use hypnosis, as I am a psychologist).

-We live in Frisco, but are willing to go to dallas if its the best place for us.

-I have looked into Baylor Frisco some, which is doctor owned.

- I keep hearing Presby dallas is fab? 

As far as an OB.. We live in Frisco and have BCBS insurance.  

- I would like a doc who values natural child birth, with a low section rate. 

We are pretty open. I am thankful already for any advice.  =) 

Re: Hospital/OB recs

• Dr Steven Harris. He delivers out of Baylor Frisco and Baylor Dallas. Totally supportive of my plans for a natural birth and a doula. I'm not really sure about his section rate, but I believe the entire office is pretty supportive of VBACs, and Dr Harris never mentioned a section or elective induction to me. He was more than happy to let me go to two weeks over due. :)

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• I delievered at Medical Center of Plano. I had a great experience. They have a level 3 NICU.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Plano Preby has a level 3 NICU. I had a great experience there.
  • I live in Frisco, and delivered at Presby Plano - and I can't say enough about them. The hospital is fabulous - we had a wonderful experience. I highly recommend the Northlake Ob/Gyn group (they have an office at Presby Plano and in Frisco - I used the Plano office). I see Dr. Garrett Garner and love him, but all of their doctors are wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at Medical Center of Plano and absolutely loved it. I know that Presby Dallas has been ranked very highly but I toured there before picking my hospital and would absolutely not have delivered there for several reasons.

Good luck with your searching!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I used Dr. Welborne at Centennial OB/Gyn. She delivers out of Baylor Frisco. Their NICU is only a level II (I believe) but Dr. Welborne allows you to have the birth YOU want. She doesn't try to impose anything as far as drugs, c/s, etc. She is amazing! I can't say enough good things about her! A few of the locals have warned me against Baylor McKinney. It is a good hospital but they have some kinks to work out since they're new. Probably by the time you delivered they'd be good to go, though.  
    imageimage
  • I am going to deliver at presby dallas. I have a wonderful high risk doc. Also presby plano is wonderful my cousins delivered there and one had twins :)
  • I delivered at Presby Dallas 11 weeks ago. We are still here in the NICU /SCN and I am so glad we got transferred here. The high risk wing is great (hospital bed rest sucks but they made it bearable). North texas perinatal associates are on site too-I love Dr Greer!
  • I actually live way NE of DFW but travel to Plano for an OB and MFM its also where I will deliver. We will be registered with the Presby in Plano. Lvl III NICU came highly recommended by my cousin who is a NICU nurse. I have been reading up on their policies and I have to say I'm actually really excited! Even though I still have 26 weeks to go ;)
  • I live in Allen, but delivered at Dallas Presby both times. I saw Dr. Woodbridge- she was great in helping me attempt as natural of a birth experience as possible, but was there to be a sounding board as well. She has the best bedside manner, staff is great, and the L&D and post-partum/baby nurses are AMAZING. 

I can't recommend her enough- at my one month post-partum appointment she told me she was going to miss catching up during all our pre-natal appointments, and was genuine about it. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"