Parenting
Options

talk to me about memory foam mattresses

DH and I need a new mattress in the worst way. We have been sleeping on the same full sized mattress for the past 10 years.  I think I would like a memory foam mattress, but I was always curious about what sexy time would be like on one.  My parents are the only ones I know IRL that have one, and for obvious reasons I won't ask them what it's like.

Re: talk to me about memory foam mattresses

• Options
    I like it better with memory foam, but we had a shitty mattress before, so...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got one for DD's bed. It's ok. It has a weird smell to it that I can't get rid of. Maybe someone in here will be able to help me out. @nancy30005 @OhBenji
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SarahL77 - yeah, it does smell weird at first. We had to open the windows and let it air out. It got better after a few days. 

How long have you had it?
  • Options
    We've had it for a few weeks @nancy30005 . I guess it's not as bad as it was. It's gorgeous outside today. I wish I could go home and take it outside to air. 

How would I use vinegar on it, @OhBenji
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    @nixieknox3 It is comfortable, though. Sorry to hijack your thread. :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

We have a TempurPedic in our bedroom and a Bob-O-Pedic in what was the guest bedroom but is now DD#1's bed.

We love ours and DD#1 seems to love hers.

No complaints and I always recommend to anyone asking about memory foam.  Bob-O-Pedic is a knock off but just as good as the TempurPedic - but that is obviously state specific to be able to get a Bob.

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
    You know, we've had memory foam for so long, I don't remember the difference.  I will say that it's just fine, however. :)

I love ours.  As does my husband.  But some people don't like them, and some people find them hot.  (I prefer one without a topper - our old mattress was super awesome and didn't have one, our new mattress has a spiffy quilted topper which means it's not totally flat.  I don't like it as much.)
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    thanks for the input!  i am a little worried about the heat issue.  i am like a furnace at night and i don't want to get too sweaty.
  • Options

We have a Verloaire King size.  Each of us can set our side of the bed.  The air chambers are covered by a slice of memory foam and a pillowtop.  One would never know it was an air chamber bed.  Worth every penny.

With memory foam alone, in the summer it gets too hot and sets deeper, and in the winter it stays cold longer and takes longer to contour. 

Our pillows are memory foam, and I will never buy anything else.

• Options
    Our last mattress was decent. It was an ultra plush pillow top king size. But honestly, it was way too soft. I wasn't gonna bitch about it though bc it was a hand me down (branbrand new at the time we got it!) And my mom said she paid about 2000 for it (way more than we could afford on a mattress!).

Since we switched to memory foam its been awesome. My only word of warning is exactly what the staff at the store told us. The break in period for memory foam mattresses takes AT LEAST a month.

For probably like the first 2 weeks, it felt like we were sleeping on a rock slab compared to the super squishy pillow top we had (the staff mentioned this and told us to just wait it out and walk around on the mattress to help break in the fibers).We were almost ready to return it, but then after those few weeks, as it broke in, it started to get so much better. Now we love it to death and wouldn't want anything else! Its seriously awesome.
  • Options
    Sleeping on a memory foam is heaven, sex... Not so much IMO.  We have a Pillow top now that I love and will never go back.
                                                                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.”

-Chelsea Handler

• Options
    Sex is not good on it IMO.
    Very important contribution. I have heard others say the same thing. But then again... I will take 8-9 hours of bombass sleep in a divine bed over sex everyday
    See, to me sex is more important...  I think the memory foam problem is about friction,  if you like hard sex its not gonna happen.   But to sleep it is divine. 

“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.”

-Chelsea Handler

• Options
    Fuck that noise. Throw down a blanket or a yoga mat on the hard ground and get yourself pounded. When it comes to sleep I will not compromise my comfort for "hard sex". You can hard sex it up in many locations.
    Good point. I still like my pillow top better though.

-Chelsea Handler

• Options
    @mabelshesabiotch i love how passionate you are about your tempurpedic!
  • Options
    Real talk: Sex on a Tempurpedic is fantastic - no squeaky mattress springs! It's also awesome for if/when someone is on their knees - lots of support and cushion, never gets achy.

My Tempurpedic is the best purchase I have ever made. Tempurpedics come in a variety of firm/soft feels so you can get a firmer feel (we have one of these) or a softer, pillow top type feel. My brother and his fiancé just got a Tempurpedic and they got one of the Breeze varieties, which helps air flow better so you stay cooler during the night.

Tempurpedics are amazing! Don't even bother with the off brand memory foam.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"