December 2010 Moms
Options

The thought of food is gross, yet I'm sooo hungry!

Anyone else in this boat?  I've felt this way for days but can't find anything that is at all appealing to eat.  Everything just sounds gross.

Re: The thought of food is gross, yet I'm sooo hungry!

• Options
    I've been going in weird spurts.  I am very hungry at times of day when I never used to eat (like I pretty much need to eat constantly at work), but then the idea of dinner is revolting.  I've decided to just go with it, and eat what sounds good.  Weight gain be dammed!
  • Options
    I feel you. all I have eaten over the past 4 days is: arby's sandwiches, toast, beef broth, and canned pears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was doing okay BUT suddenly for the past week my mouth stays "watery" as if I have to vomit. Just the mere thought of food makes my stomach churn; when I do decide to nibble it soothes the feeling but within 10 minutes =BAM= the nausea comes right back. I am seriously afraid to eat because I've had several take 3-bites and watch it come right back at ya episodes. I hear second tri nausea and vomiting subside (for most) Big Smile

I am counting down!

Hottmomma4life image
  • Options
    I'm in serious trouble!  The only things that sound appealing to me are toast with butter (at least it's wheat toast), or mac and cheese.  I just made mac and cheese for dinner and it was so good!  I tend to feel sick at nighttime and better during the morning/day.  So I try to at least eat some yogurt/fruit and veggies early on to make up for my carbfest dinners. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!  I just had to go out and buy a can of spaghettios because thats all I could stomach.  So nutritious...I probably would have been just as well off not eating tonight.
  • Options
    I have been so hungry this past week.  I an nauseous all day and nibble on crackers and eat soup as much as I can but then I am starving at night (and still remain nauseous).  I am hungry like I have never been before.  I ate subway at 4 today and I feel like I haven't eaten all day. 
  • Options
    I am nauseous/dizzy and starving all at the same time! The seabands are helping, but not 100%- not one thing sounds good to eat. Had french bread pizza for lunch, pasta with keilbasa in it for dinner, and ate SO MUCH at work for snacks- like every hour! UGH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm totally feeling the same. I just make myself eat. The only thing that made me throw up so far was oatmeal. It took me 30 minutes to eat an orange today at work but I got through it. I was getting to the point where I was weak and shaky because food sounded so gross and I wasn't eating, but once I made myself eat something I always felt better...just no more oatmeal for a while! Sprite Zero helps settle my stomach too.
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    yeah, that's me. Actually I don't find all food "gross," but I don't find it appetizing, either. I feel like I'm eating as a chore. I'm also always hungry and nauseous at the same time. I have to constantly eat but can never eat a lot. It's all paradox all the time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kat81kat81 member

imagebrenda0965:
    I'm totally feeling the same. I just make myself eat. The only thing that made me throw up so far was oatmeal. It took me 30 minutes to eat an orange today at work but I got through it. I was getting to the point where I was weak and shaky because food sounded so gross and I wasn't eating, but once I made myself eat something I always felt better...just no more oatmeal for a while! Sprite Zero helps settle my stomach too.

Yes, it took me forever to eat a pear today, and I ended up throwing it out before I was done. I think it was also because it was a little under-ripe. But ugh. 

• Options

I'm in the same boat.

Every Tuesday we meet my family for dinner at a restaurant. The past few weeks I've gotten to choose where we go since I've been so sick. I've taken to telling them that I'll chose around 4:30 where we are going and call them then. I cannot tell you ahead of time what I'll be able to eat. Totally depends on that moment. I just choose what sounds the least gross.

31 days to 2nd tri...

• Options
    I am in the same boat. I am hungry but the thought of food makes me nauseous. I maybe ate a third of my dinner today. If I could I would be happy to go all day without eating but that's not healthy. I wish I could get my appetite back. Its so weird to be hungry, but not at the same time.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    Girlll....I FEEL your pain!!!  I have been Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} nauseous for a week straight.  For a while, i could only stomach bean burritos and mac n' cheese.  But today has been the WORST...everthing just sounds gross and I haven't really ate anything, which I hate!!! 
  • Options

imagemrs_shep:
    Girlll....I FEEL your pain!!!  I have been Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} nauseous for a week straight.  For a while, i could only stomach bean burritos and mac n' cheese.  But today has been the WORST...everthing just sounds gross and I haven't really ate anything, which I hate!!! 

Uck!  Not sure what happened with my last post.  What a mess.  What I mean to say is...

I have been nauseous for a week straight.  For a while, i could only stomach bean burritos and mac n' cheese.  But today has been the WORST...everthing just sounds gross and I haven't really ate anything, which I hate!!!

• Options
    That is so funny that you post this!  I said these exact words to DH at dinner.  I taste food that I usually love and I just gag :(
  • Options

Stuff I usually LOVE just doesn't seem to appeal to me.  I'm so 'bleh' about any food.  

One thing that I am able to finish in large quantities is yogurt smoothies.  I throw a yogurt, some ice, some milk and some fruit in a blender.  I think the coldness and smoothness helps make it slightly appetizing. 

• Options
    Yeah, it sucks.  I go through days where all I can eat are the same foods, but now I can't even think about them without wanting to hurl.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"