C-sections

Intro (warning post surg hemorrhage mentioned)

Hey, Ladies. Quick intro..

At 39wks 2days (11/15) I requested to be induced due to anxiety of making it to 40 wks as I had a late loss last pregnancy. Before I was sent to the hospital I had a fetal assessment and my baby was measuring 10lbs. I was in total fear of vaginally delivering a possible 10lbs baby. My Dr and I agreed on a C/S. The surgery went by so smoothly. I was given a spinal. My daughter came out 9lbs 3oz not 10lbs but still a big baby. A few hrs post surgery, I was doing and feeling great. 15hrs later, I was complaining about feeling blood pouring out of me. My morning nurse checked me and said it looked watery so it was ok, blood and water due to surg. When my night nurse came I complained to her when she cked she didnt like the way it looked. Called a Dr and apparently my uterus wasnt contracting post surg causing the blood to clot and just sit there. They had to manually pump my stomach and remove the clots. Worse pain ive ever felt in my life. Hrs later the nurses continued to monitor me. At 12:00am I noticed the room spinning and I wanted to vomit. I called the nurse she checked my BP it was 70/50. I was blacking in and out. My room filed with nurses and Drs, all i remembered was asking them not to let me die. The drs processed to pump my stomach to get it to contract and remove more clots by inserting their hand elbow deep in me. If i didnt allow them I would have needed surg that could have led to hysterectomy. Once the dr removed the big soft ball size clot the bleeding slowed down. I ended up needing 3litters of blood :0(  

Although my post c/s experience wasnt great looking at my daughter makes it all worth all the pain. I just had my staples removed yesterday and feeling alot better. Bleeding but it isnt making its way to my pad, it actually very discharge like. Of course walking isnt prefect, I actually wobble lol. I just started to wear high snugged panties. Over all feeling ok. I took a c/s for granted, realized recovery isnt easy. 

Re: Intro (warning post surg hemorrhage mentioned)

• Wow, how scary! Thank goodness you are alright. I am glad that the Drs were able to manually remove your clots. Enjoy your new baby girl, you have a lot to be thankful for this week!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Thanks I am absolutely thankful :-) Being a mom is such a gift..
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness!!! I'm really glad you and your daughter are okay!! Congrats and enjoy that sweet baby girl!

Anniversary

(Jar of Bees- Le Blog)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had some hemorrhaging after surgery due to being on mag sulfate- it had thinned my blood too much and I remember her pushing on my stomach- right around my new incision to get the clots out- she did it 4 times. I remember crying and getting 2 shots in my thighs then passing out in recovery.

I am glad you are okay- and congrats are your new baby girl!

Everyone has different experiences in birth- so sorry yours was so traumatic- but it doesn't mean your next one will be like that too. Trust me- I worry about having another and going through the same stuff.
  • Thanks for sharing your story :-) I am very scared to even try again. DH and I want our kids 2 yrs apart.. This is my first and don't even want to think about a second any time soon.. :-( sucks how one bad moment can take away the life of such a beautiful experience :-/
  • So sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. Did the doctors ever explain why your uterus wasn't contracting? Do you have some type of blood disorder that could have caused this or was it random bad luck? I'll be having my third section soon and I still worry every time!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• They suspect my uterus was tierd from carrying a big baby. My daughter was 9lbs 3oz. Since my uterus was tierd it didn't contract post surg. :-/
  • I had pretty severe bleeding where post surgery the doctor put her hands inside me to pull out clots and I almost needed a transfusion. I just keep holding my baby and looking at him crying thinking I almost just died and never got to meet my son. I'm an emotional wreck. It's been 3 days now and it doesn't seem like real life how insane the past week has been.
    Sorry you had to go through that. I know the feeling. Its been 17days since and I still cant believe it happen to me. I had my 2wk gyn appt today and good thing my dr told me all pregnancies are different just because i bleed this time doesnt mean i will next time but if i did they would be there to control it :0) 

Cheer up hun and congrats on your baby :0) enjoy it, I look at my little girl everyday and feel so blessed... 
  • Hey, Ladies. Quick intro..

At 39wks 2days (11/15) I requested to be induced due to anxiety of making it to 40 wks as I had a late loss last pregnancy. Before I was sent to the hospital I had a fetal assessment and my baby was measuring 10lbs. I was in total fear of vaginally delivering a possible 10lbs baby. My Dr and I agreed on a C/S. The surgery went by so smoothly. I was given a spinal. My daughter came out 9lbs 3oz not 10lbs but still a big baby. A few hrs post surgery, I was doing and feeling great. 15hrs later, I was complaining about feeling blood pouring out of me. My morning nurse checked me and said it looked watery so it was ok, blood and water due to surg. When my night nurse came I complained to her when she cked she didnt like the way it looked. Called a Dr and apparently my uterus wasnt contracting post surg causing the blood to clot and just sit there. They had to manually pump my stomach and remove the clots. Worse pain ive ever felt in my life. Hrs later the nurses continued to monitor me. At 12:00am I noticed the room spinning and I wanted to vomit. I called the nurse she checked my BP it was 70/50. I was blacking in and out. My room filed with nurses and Drs, all i remembered was asking them not to let me die. The drs processed to pump my stomach to get it to contract and remove more clots by inserting their hand elbow deep in me. If i didnt allow them I would have needed surg that could have led to hysterectomy. Once the dr removed the big soft ball size clot the bleeding slowed down. I ended up needing 3litters of blood :0(  

Although my post c/s experience wasnt great looking at my daughter makes it all worth all the pain. I just had my staples removed yesterday and feeling alot better. Bleeding but it isnt making its way to my pad, it actually very discharge like. Of course walking isnt prefect, I actually wobble lol. I just started to wear high snugged panties. Over all feeling ok. I took a c/s for granted, realized recovery isnt easy. 

I could have written this word for word except I started hemoraging about 4 hours after my CS as 11pm  I freaked out during my CS so they gave me something to calm down which basically knocked me out until about 7am.  That entire evening was a blur and I don't remember most of it including holding DD for the 1st time but the pain of them pushing on my stomach and ute on and off for 2.5 hours I will never forget. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm glad everything turned out for you. I know how it feels to be scared. I lost consciousness about 3 hours after my surgery. My husband got the nurses to me and they rushed my family out. My bp was 58/35 when they checked it. They used smelling salts and got me awake. When they checked my pad there was a lot of bleeding. I had two litters of blood. I honestly can't remember a lot of what happened but my husband is scared for life. I have talked to my dr about my upcoming c-section and he believes there won't be any problems. I'm still very nervous. Good luck on the rest of your recovery.
  • I'm glad everything turned out for you. I know how it feels to be scared. I lost consciousness about 3 hours after my surgery. My husband got the nurses to me and they rushed my family out. My bp was 58/35 when they checked it. They used smelling salts and got me awake. When they checked my pad there was a lot of bleeding. I had two litters of blood. I honestly can't remember a lot of what happened but my husband is scared for life. I have talked to my dr about my upcoming c-section and he believes there won't be any problems. I'm still very nervous. Good luck on the rest of your recovery.
     Did they tell you why you hemorrhaged? 

good luck with this upcoming c/s glad you didnt allow your past experience scare you from expanding your family. I also want to try for another one or two next year... 
  • I had pretty severe bleeding where post surgery the doctor put her hands inside me to pull out clots and I almost needed a transfusion. I just keep holding my baby and looking at him crying thinking I almost just died and never got to meet my son. I'm an emotional wreck. It's been 3 days now and it doesn't seem like real life how insane the past week has been.
    scary :0( very traumatizing but sadly it happens more frequent then we know.. 2 other woman needed blood during my hospital stay due to hemorrhage... enjoy your new baby :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"