International Bumpies

Help. In Vietnam pregnant and bleeding. They are saying Threatened Abortion

I'm in Vietnam for a work trip with my husband and son. I found out that I was pregnant on my flight out here last week. Two days ago I started spotting and then more bleeding with some tissue . Not soaking pads. I'm RH- and so to be cautious I went to the local hospital in search of a Rohgam shot. Didn't know if I needed one. Found out they don't have it here! I saw a gynecologist DR and they didn't do any blood work but she did do a outer and inner u/s. She said there was three things she saw. Two sacks ( one empty and one right on track) and a bubble she called the "threaten abortion". What dose this mean? She proscribed me Progesterone and I stated taking it yesterday but it is making me feel sick and jittery. So I'm stoping it. I'm scared and I don't know what to do or how to feel. I will be back In the states next week. Has anyone had a something like this happen to them?

Re: Help. In Vietnam pregnant and bleeding. They are saying Threatened Abortion

• I have no advice but just wanted to say good luck

Glad you'll be back in the states soon and can get to a doctor

• kristynick Go to an international hospital (I would be wary of local hospitals). Where are you? Family Medical Hospital in HCMC is good. Maybe also call your doctor in the states for advice?

I don't have any experience with threatened abortions but I do understand from other ladies who have had early losses that there is nothing that you've done to cause it or can do to prevent it.

If there is a significant issue they should refer you to a hospital Singapore or BKK.

Take it easy and good luck with everything.
  • Loading the player...
  • aesimp said:
    kristynick Go to an international hospital 

If there is a significant issue they should refer you to a hospital Singapore or BKK.
    If you don't think you're getting the help you need where you're at I'd try to get to Singapore, that's where they send people from here who are pregnant.
  • this decaf life I totally just blog-stalked you. You have such a cute family! And it makes me want to go to the beach in PH. We've been planning a Palawan trip for ages but it never seems to happen.
  • @aesimp do it! I love the Philippines, we're trying to see as much of it as we can before we leave.
  • CatieGCatieG member
    edited January 2014
    Responded then saw this was from last month. Update?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"