Philadelphia Babies

Center city child care options

Hi, just discovered I'm pregnant with our first -- much sooner than we anticipated, so I already feel behind the ball on planning. 

I'm due mid-June and the plan is for me to go back to work full time in Sept. 

I have no idea how to evaluate using daycare centers vs. a nanny vs. whatever options exist. 

Any suggestions on where to start looking at local options? (I live and work in CC, so that area is ideal but I can move somewhat out of that range for the right place.)

Thanks in advance.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Center city child care options

• We used a nanny for the first year while I went back to work part time we just werent comfortable with day care yet, but now our DS is enrolled in a small day school which we love, they only take children a year and older so this was the other reason that a nanny for the first year made sense for us.  Are you in the Rittenhouse area? We are in Old City and so is the school DS goes to, its amazing but probably outside your ideal area...

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• I live in Rittenhouse and work near the Gallery -- so almost anywhere in CC is pretty convenient. 

We can't decide between nanny and day care. They both have pluses and minuses. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Myspace daycare is a good place. They are off of broad street.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"