November 2011 Moms
Options

Santa dilema. Help me solve it.

How do you go about doing Santa when you're never home for Christmas? We always go back to WI to spend Christmas with family. To me it doesn't make sense to drive all the Santa presents from GA to WI and then drive them all back home but to do Santa a week + before Christmas seems like it would loose the magic of waking up Christmas morning to see what Santa brought.
Munchkin born 11/22/11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Santa dilema. Help me solve it.

• Options
    We used to drive to Louisiana every Christmas (I live in Wisconsin) and we would open our Santa presents on December 23rd. My mom would tell us that Santa knew we wouldn't be home on Christmas, so he made a special trip to our house a few days early so we could have our presents!

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Options
    We only do 2 Santa gifts so limiting how many gifts might be good. I think we're going to start a new tradition of one of those gifts being a tree ornament. Do you do stocking gifts away from home too?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We only do one gift from Santa, all the rest are from us.  I wouldn't do Santa a different day, that seems like it will be difficult to explain in the future.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options

Last year, we celebrated late. DS and I went to meet my in laws in Mexico. Since DH is a chef he can't vacation during the holidays. We waited until we were all together on New Years day to celebrate. But I think that only worked because DS is so little.

When I was growing up, we spent all of our Christmases in Mexico for about a month and our parents told us that the trip was our gift. So we always understood that gifts only if we stayed home. However I don't thinkg that will work if you are only gone a week.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    Could you make just one or two gifts "Santa" gifts and the rest from mom/dad at home? We only do one or two Santa gifts because I don't like him getting all the credit so for us it wouldn't be a big deal to bring them. Or if they are really big gifts you can just say Santa left them at your house because he knew they were to big to drive back/forth.
  • Options

Could you make just one or two gifts "Santa" gifts and the rest from mom/dad at home? We only do one or two Santa gifts because I don't like him getting all the credit so for us it wouldn't be a big deal to bring them. Or if they are really big gifts you can just say Santa left them at your house because he knew they were to big to drive back/forth.
    Amen to that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"