June 2014 Moms
Options

When did you switch to maternity clothes?

2»

Re: When did you switch to maternity clothes?

• Options
    7ish weeks. This is #2 and I was so bloated right away that I decided to break out the maternity jeans. SO comfortable! I still wear regular tops though. :)

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I say, buy a pair if you are thinking about it.  Why not?  I bought two pairs of jeans, maternity shirts and a dress at Old Navy on Black Friday.  (10 weeks) My jeans were uncomfortable, I needed new shirts in general, and they were a good price with the sale.  I expect to need a larger belly band on the jeans later on when my bump arrives (preg friend said the smaller band width pushed up and gave her heartburn as she got bigger and I have a hiatal hernia that gives me severe GERD as it is, so the jeans I bought are probably just for 1st/2nd tri for me.)

imageimage
    Due June 29, 2014

June 2014 Mommies' January Signature Challenge: Throwback baby pic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at that awkward stage when my regular clothes are getting too tight, but maternity clothes make me look 8 months pregnant and slobby. For now
    I have been Wearing my regular pants with a hair elastic around the button. I
    Have been wearing tunics and leggings on the weekends.
  • Options
    I just switched at 14 weeks.  The pressure down there with baby growing was just way to much to still button up pants.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    I am almost 13 weeks and still no sign of growing out of my regular clothes. I hope this is normal!
  • Options
    I'm not in maternity clothes per se but at about 8 weeks I couldn't handle how uncomfortable my pants were, even with the rubber band trick so I bought a bunch of leggings in a size up and live in them with baggy sweater dresses and skirts with elastic waists. I actually bought a bunch of maternity clothes on cyber Monday and are just waiting for them to be shipped to me (at 12 weeks now).
  • Options
    I hmgave in.

I just bought a bunch of maternity clothes.

I look skinnier in them. Its so bizarre :)

I am going to hold off a bit but I really like them.

Mostly @ Old Navy.
    Skinny jeans
    Work pants
    Sleeveless Tops (made my *new* boobies look amazing!)

• Options

My jeans became unbearable by 8 weeks, but my skirts and dresses still fit fine. (I had a very localized amount of pudge that was right where the waistband of my jeans hit.) In the past week, I'm starting to find some of my shirts don't fit right, so I'm going this week to check out maternity tops.

Don't worry about what week you're at. Your body is changing litererally every day. Just wear whatever is comfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 14 wks 1day and I haven't bought maternity clothes.
    For the moment I've been borrowing my moms jeans
    that are just a size bigger than mine and I just wear
    some leggings under to fill them in a little, and it also
    keeps me warm. Works out well. I might even borrow
    my younger sisters clothes, she's a little heavier than me.
  • Options
    I still fit in my normal clothes but Im wearing maternity jeans, started a few weeks ago.  They are so cute and comfy.  I got some dark denim skinny jeans that Ive been wearing like crazy.  No one can tell they are maternity jeans.
    Started Dating 08/15/2006 
    Got Engaged 12/11/2009 
    Married 09/4/2011
    Started TTC  09/2013
    BFP 10/13/2013
    EDD 06/22/2014

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a couple pairs of jeans that still button up and fit ok but only because I bought them two sizes bigger since they were so cheap.  Otherwise none of my other jeans fit at this point and I have to wear a bella band with them.  Also some of my tops are becoming a little short (darn long torso) so I have a couple of maternity tops and some leggings which I love.  Hoping to hold off on shopping for anymore until I make it down to the states in a couple of weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I second KateKat's comments completely - I haven't been able to button normal pants since about 7 weeks (I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday).  I will add that I finally sucked it up and went out last week and bought 3 new bras (I had finally gotten tired of trying to stuff myself into old bras, which were uncomfortable even with extenders!).  Turns out I went up a whole cup size and a whole band size - now I'm rocking my maternity pants and bigger bras, and am much more comfortable!!

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"