Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Wonder weeks

honeydew01honeydew01 member
edited November 2013 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
For those of you who have the app or book, have the wonder weeks been true for your baby? 

It's interesting to me to read what mental milestone DD is going through and know that's why she's fussy but to be honest I question the merit of it sometimes. I know it's researched by one group pretty extensively but it seems to be just that one group of researchers who are focused on it, I can't find other comparative studies.

For example according to the app we are going through a stormy weather...but I know she's fussy because she's teething..she's also not sleeping well because she's teething or is it because according to the app she's going through a wonder week...this is just one example, I have questioned it various times over the last 8 months.

I don't know I guess I just wondering if it's a coincidence or are the wonder weeks for real..I'm a FTM that has to analyze and over analyze everything DD does to try to find an answer and by the time I find a clue she has changed it up on me already :)

Anyway, do you find that the wonder weeks are true for you?

Re: Wonder weeks

• Options
    Very true
  • Options
    Pretty true for my dd. She seems to sleep a lot worse during the stormy periods. This last leap was awful, she slept terrible during the stormy period. The first night after the leap was finished she started sttn again and has since. I have also noticed that she masters the skills right on time in each leap. I think its pretty cool and refer to the app a lot. I don't have the book.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    seems accurate for my LO :)

• Options
    Accurate for my LO

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    PhieryBFlyPhieryBFly member
    edited November 2013
    I read the first part of the book (awhile ago) and I was pretty satisfied with the studies and sample sizes they used to get this information (I'm pretty picky on that). I would say that it's likely accurate for 2 to 3 standard deviations. I have found it to be true with my daughter (especially those grey weeks if you google wonder weeks chart and look at images) although sometimes it's hard to tell because she's pretty mellow. This link kinda gives the cliff notes version of the book: https://www.mybabysleepguide.com/2012/01/when-are-wonder-weeks.html
  • Options
    not accurate for my LO. I haven't found he is fussy at all before any new skills have developed...teething has affected him more than anything. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @Pinkie78 the bump home page will tell you how many weeks. It's a little progress bar under your picture on the right hand side.
  • Options
    It goes by DUE DATE not birth date
  • Options
    You can change that. I did. She was due February 28th, popped out March 6th.
  • Options
    Works for us. I had entered his DOB instead of due date initially. After a few weeks, I re-read, corrected, and it has been tremendously helpful. Even if just to give me peace of mind that I'm not losing my mind. Teething, sleep regressions; there are so many other factors that can affect their mood. I just like knowing that there may be something else going on, too. It's been helpful in trips to see family, etc., also.
  • Options
    Yup, seems accurate to me too! Even hubby agrees.  Always makes me feel better when I check in where we are at. 

• Options
    So if your LO's birth date is significantly different from due date (i.e. 5 weeks) does this app/book still work?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"