Babies on the Brain

Side-eyed Saturday, anyone?

I'm side eyeing a friend I went out to dinner with. I thought he may have been texting someone all through dinner, turns out he was facebooking multiple people. I saw when I logged on a hour or so after I got home.

Re: Side-eyed Saturday, anyone?

• I constantly side eye DH's cousin. She and her husband just bought a house that everyone knows they can't afford as he is the only one who works and doesn't make very much. She swears they are doing it all on their own. I don't care if you are or not but we all know you're lying so quit bragging. They have a child that she constantly posts pictures and videos of giving the illusion that she cares for her 24/7 but if you know her you know that she passed her off on her aunt and grandparents regularly and when she does have to care for the child she complains about how bad she is (she's not, she's a freakin angel!). The girl just drives me crazy!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ks3pink said:

I constantly side eye DH's cousin. She and her husband just bought a house that everyone knows they can't afford as he is the only one who works and doesn't make very much. She swears they are doing it all on their own. I don't care if you are or not but we all know you're lying so quit bragging. They have a child that she constantly posts pictures and videos of giving the illusion that she cares for her 24/7 but if you know her you know that she passed her off on her aunt and grandparents regularly and when she does have to care for the child she complains about how bad she is (she's not, she's a freakin angel!). The girl just drives me crazy!

I know a couple people who are "house poor". I feel bad, seems like they are constantly coming up short on their mortgage.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sideeying BIL and his GF/baby mama, who are boycotting and demanding an apology for my husband's family's Christmas celebration because we didn't "consult" them on when we were doing Christmas with DH's family. We switch every year my family on xmas day his on xmas eve. For the last 3 years, this BIL and GF have jerked us around in the weeks leading up to Christmas about when they can make it, usually because the GF manipulates or guilts BIL into spending it with her family. So for the last 3 years, DH's family ends up getting the shaft and not getting together on xmas day. This year we all decided we're putting our foot down and just telling them "We're getting together to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day, if you can make it great. If not, see you another time". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All of the IL horror stories makes me glad I'm thousands of miles away from mine. Even though I get along great with them, it seems the holidays can bring out peoples petty, envious and evil sides!
  • I am severely side-eyeing a woman who is in my DHs fire dept. She is on welfare, yet her 13 year old daughter was showing us her brand new iPhone 5. Also, she buys her other daughter, who is special needs, pet reptiles constantly. The problem is that she does not properly care for them, and barely gets them to live a year. I once offered to help nurse a bearded dragon back to health. After a few months, I got it back to being able to hold itself up, and gave her strict feeding requirements. Within a week, she over fed the lizard and it died. Not only do I feel like that's tremendous animal abuse, but a person on welfare should not be buying $100+ animals for her kid.
  • I am severely side-eyeing a woman who is in my DHs fire dept. She is on welfare, yet her 13 year old daughter was showing us her brand new iPhone 5. Also, she buys her other daughter, who is special needs, pet reptiles constantly. The problem is that she does not properly care for them, and barely gets them to live a year. I once offered to help nurse a bearded dragon back to health. After a few months, I got it back to being able to hold itself up, and gave her strict feeding requirements. Within a week, she over fed the lizard and it died. Not only do I feel like that's tremendous animal abuse, but a person on welfare should not be buying $100+ animals for her kid.
    That parent should be reported to the SPCA. That's disgusting. And what that poor kid must feel and think after all her pets keep dying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am side-eyeing my MIL for always acting like no one else can hold or care for my new nephew. I mean I always leave the "care" part to my SIL, his MOM, unless SIL shoves a bottle at me because she needs a break. On Thanksgiving I hosted a dinner for MIL, SIL, and SIL's SO. The baby was there and MIL kept snatching him from everyone. The poor little guy had a belly ache and was fussing, since I was holding him, I just put him up on my shoulder and started to burp him. He calmed almost immediately. MIL came all the way across the room, leaving her plate, to snatch him and make a point to ask him if he thought Auntie didn't know how to do it right. He began screaming again. I walked away, to not cause a scene. I went and made my plate and began eating. He was still grumpy so she made SIL bring her a bottle. Then, MIL and SIL got in a yelling fest over the dinner table because MIL didn't like the temperature of the bottle SIL made. SIL and MIL have always had their spats, so DH and I just sat shoveling food in our faces and let it blow over. It ended with SIL screaming at MIL to stop telling her how to raise her child and either give her screaming son the bottle or give him to her and she would. Cue silent treatment and guilt trip the rest of the night from MIL. Later on after MIL left, SIL told us she didn't understand what MIL's problem was, she isn't like that anywhere else but at OUR (mine and DH's) house or around us. Even when she demands SIL bring nephew over every morning, she holds him for about 5 mins then puts him in his swing and either naps or watches t.v. then gets mad if SIL leaves.
    Ugh, I hope she gets some of this crazy out before DH and I have a kid. Otherwise, she will get a rude awakening when I put her in her place and don't give in to her every request. Sheesh.
  • I am side-eyeing my MIL for always acting like no one else can hold or care for my new nephew. I mean I always leave the "care" part to my SIL, his MOM, unless SIL shoves a bottle at me because she needs a break. On Thanksgiving I hosted a dinner for MIL, SIL, and SIL's SO. The baby was there and MIL kept snatching him from everyone. The poor little guy had a belly ache and was fussing, since I was holding him, I just put him up on my shoulder and started to burp him. He calmed almost immediately. MIL came all the way across the room, leaving her plate, to snatch him and make a point to ask him if he thought Auntie didn't know how to do it right. He began screaming again. I walked away, to not cause a scene. I went and made my plate and began eating. He was still grumpy so she made SIL bring her a bottle. Then, MIL and SIL got in a yelling fest over the dinner table because MIL didn't like the temperature of the bottle SIL made. SIL and MIL have always had their spats, so DH and I just sat shoveling food in our faces and let it blow over. It ended with SIL screaming at MIL to stop telling her how to raise her child and either give her screaming son the bottle or give him to her and she would. Cue silent treatment and guilt trip the rest of the night from MIL. Later on after MIL left, SIL told us she didn't understand what MIL's problem was, she isn't like that anywhere else but at OUR (mine and DH's) house or around us. Even when she demands SIL bring nephew over every morning, she holds him for about 5 mins then puts him in his swing and either naps or watches t.v. then gets mad if SIL leaves.
    Ugh, I hope she gets some of this crazy out before DH and I have a kid. Otherwise, she will get a rude awakening when I put her in her place and don't give in to her every request. Sheesh.

I think our MILs would be besties...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • I had a similar situation tonight. I was at my cousin/BFF's new house helping her with the new baby while she unpacked. Her MIL kept snatching the baby from me and telling me and the baby's mom what to do. I was "burping" the baby and calming her (which was working like a charm) when MIL snatches her from my arms and says "hunny, you don't have any kids so let me do it" All she did was make her cry even worse. It just burned me up. Glad she isn't my MIL. But I can see a situation like that happening again when I do have a child...and I won't take it as lightly as my BFF.
  • CowgirlK39CowgirlK39 member
    edited December 2013
    Oh my word, this is my MIL 100%. We are actually becoming a bit alarmed because she has become creepily obsessed with my niece. BIL said he has seen her sit in her living room and watch videos of the baby, and goes around showing everyone pics and videos to the point of excess. She also swoops in and takes the baby from anyone who has her, and she hides it under the guise of being "helpful." She will see that someone has had the baby for a little while and she will say "here, I'll just take her from you... Oh no it's okay I don't mind, I'll just set her here." I always wanna say "I wasn't done with her, and do not need her taken right now but thanks." She is over SILs place every single day, and cannot just leave the baby alone. She holds her one way, then another, then sets her in the bassinet, then in a bounce chair..... SIL has yelled at her a few times for not being able to just leave her be! We also hope that she doesn't act like this when it's our turn because I will flip a shit.
  • Bree59 said:
    I had a similar situation tonight. I was at my cousin/BFF's new house helping her with the new baby while she unpacked. Her MIL kept snatching the baby from me and telling me and the baby's mom what to do. I was "burping" the baby and calming her (which was working like a charm) when MIL snatches her from my arms and says "hunny, you don't have any kids so let me do it" All she did was make her cry even worse. It just burned me up. Glad she isn't my MIL. But I can see a situation like that happening again when I do have a child...and I won't take it as lightly as my BFF.
    To the bold, that is so rude to say! Just because you have no children of your own you are unable to hold the baby. People are nuts! 
  • I am side eyeing the hell out of the patents at the sleepover J went to last night. One of the kids brought a horror movie for them to watch (10/11 y/o girls) that was totally inappropriate. J had the good sense to go in another room and do make overs with her friend's big sister, but she still was scared by what she could hear.

Ugh. She has spent the night there before, but now I'm doubting their supervision and judgment. J almost called me to come get her.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I'm side eyeing myself. I have 9 month old twins and want another baby NOW!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FemShepFemShep member
    edited December 2013
    I'm side-eyeing the shit out of a lot of the comments coming out of the newbs around here.

No, not every pregnancy is a blessing. No, pregnancy doesn't always "happen when it's supposed to" or when you "stop stressing about it and relax". No, finances don't "just work out" if you TTC while broke and hope for the best. No, we do not need more specialty topic boards on TB.

FFS. These are the reasons why you LURK before you post.

For real. And FFS, God won't provide if you just have faith. Those comments have to be some of the most obnoxious (and stupid) crap I've ever heard.
  • I heard some things yesterday that made me side eye the shit out of some of the women in my DHs fire dept. One of the guys contracted a staph infection that has damaged his heart. He needs to have open heart surgery soon, and he is only 25 years old. DH, being the awesome leader and friend that he is, took up a mini fund drive to surprise the guy with and raised about $300. However immediately, two of the women in the department began bitching that no one ever did such things for them when they had hard times. I just cannot get over how selfish some people are! I can't even imagine feeling that way about someone who has to have heart surgery. It's not like his dog died.... He is legit not doing well!

They also recently kicked a girl out of the department because she did not complete some requirements and also did not renew some needed medical info, and made no attempt to correct these things. Yesterday we saw that she posted on Facebook that she was trying to sell some of her gear, all of which was department property. Dumbass.... Everyone can see you on Facebook!
  • I'm side-eyeing the shit out of a lot of the comments coming out of the newbs around here.

No, not every pregnancy is a blessing. No, pregnancy doesn't always "happen when it's supposed to" or when you "stop stressing about it and relax". No, finances don't "just work out" if you TTC while broke and hope for the best. No, we do not need more specialty topic boards on TB.

FFS. These are the reasons why you LURK before you post.

Coming from a newb, sometimes "opinions" should be kept to yourself. Especially blanket statements like "happens when it's supposed to". And if it doesn't? Then what?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"