Food Allergy
Options

Weaning and milk allergy

Hello all! Ay one have any advice on weaning a LO with a milk allergy. DD is 1 yr and I would LOVE to tell my pump to take a hike. ;) DD does good on some foods, but she still takes quite a few cereal bottles. She still doesn't have any teeth and we're finding it difficult to find things that she can eat or practice eating herself that isn't a purée or diary free. We do a lot of puffs, Cheerios, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, etc... Also, what do you use in place of BM? Or gastroenterologist said we could put her on Elecare Jr, Neocate formulas, but I don't want to go from BM to another formula. I might as well continue pumping. We're doing a diary challenge this weekend so I'm hoping for the best, but we did a challenge a coupe of months ago and things didn't turn out well so...(shrug). I want her to continue eating more solids but I'm at a loss of what else to feed her.

Re: Weaning and milk allergy

• Options
    I didn't set out to BLW, I just gave her what we had that she wanted. She's having difficulties picking things up. She's still grasping with her whole hand (with difficulty) but can't quite get it to her mouth. I guess that's where I'm having difficulties helping her. I'm trying to help her work on grasping. But many of the foods she could gum are too slippery or they contain dairy.
  • Options
    When I weaned DD at 14 months we went to Coconut Milk.  It lacks protein though, so we just had to make sure she had plenty of protein from other food sources.  We were off of purees at 9 months though, DD wanted to feed herself.  Didn't get her first tooth until 10 months.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some of DS's favorites are watermelon, cantaloupe, black beans and rice, PB toast (I got the OK from the allergist since he tested negative and there's no family history), roast, any soft/shredded meat cooked in the crock pot, he pretty much eats everything we eat. DS hasn't really met a food he hasn't liked. When we switched DD from formula the allergist suggested almond milk. I'd talk with your dr and see what they suggest.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DD ate lots of fruit, coconut milk yogurt, soy cheese, eggs, pancakes, cereal and pasta before she had teeth. I would just cut everything up super tiny. We use Silk milk. By 13 months when she had a few teeth, she was eating almost everything we ate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"