Food Allergy
Options

XP soy formula

My 3 month old DD is currently on Nutramigen due to a suspected milk protein allergy. She HATES it! She screams EVERY single feeding. I basically have to shove the bottle down her throat. I have an appt. with a gastric doc in a few weeks, and was trying to hold off changing things, but I am getting desperate. Several of my friends swear by soy formula. My pedi just blows me off when I mention it and talks about Neocate as our next option, which is SUPER expensive. Obviously, I will do whatever I can to get her to eat and gain weight, but I am debating trying soy. I feel at this point I have nothing to lose, as she is miserable and in pain already. Any thoughts?

Re: XP soy formula

• Options
    A lot of babies who are milk protein intolerant are also soy protein intolerant. I personally wouldn't try soy formula. Sometimes insurance will help with the cost of hypoallergenic formula, so you could look into that.

DD2 was MSPI, so I feel your pain. It's so hard seeing them in so much pain while you find a feeding solution that works. DD2 also had terrible silent reflux, so that made things tough too. Prevacid was what finally worked for her reflux.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"