2nd Trimester

Share your Crib...

2»

Re: Share your Crib...

• Davenport crib at $800. it's beautiful, and I loooove it.. but it doesn't fit most standard toys or mobile or have the right slats for bumper ties so I don't recommend it unless you really aren't going to put anything on the crib. it's the nicest crib I've ever seen and everyone who sees it, admires it even if they don't have kids. it's heavy duty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•  
    We Bought ours off of craigslist. We only Paid $700 and it came with the bookshelf too! I think the original price for the crib was around $1400. The guy we bought it from owned a baby furniture store and it went out of business. He was trying to get ride of everything! I think the crib is made by Bratt
     Decor
  • Loading the player...
    IKEA Sundvik. My husband has this aversion to all furniture from IKEA but we went to the store & checked one of these puppies out and it seems legit. However, the Sniglar...I've had DVD racks that felt sturdier than that thing.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• We end up with the pottery barn kendall cribs, we had looked at quite a few but these seemed so sturdy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• $150 on Da Vinci's Jenny Lind crib from Amazon in white
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • This has probably been asked many times but if you don't mind sharing, what crib did you get, why did you select this crib and price range.   I'm hoping to get the crib within the next few weeks, been doing tons of research but I would like to hear about what others have selected.

Thanks for sharing!

Just saw this - I'm going with the Romina "Venice" crib in vintage grey - $999
    I'm older - been trying for 7 years - so my boy is getting the one that knocked my socks off...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saw some great deals on craigslist. Lots of nice cribs for sooooo cheap. So when the time comes I will probably just buy used. If we buy new it will probably be the crib from IKEA

It's a BOY

• soylatte said:

This has probably been asked many times but if you don't mind sharing, what crib did you get, why did you select this crib and price range.   I'm hoping to get the crib within the next few weeks, been doing tons of research but I would like to hear about what others have selected.

Thanks for sharing!

Just saw this - I'm going with the Romina "Venice" crib in vintage grey - $999
    I'm older - been trying for 7 years - so my boy is getting the one that knocked my socks off...

Good for you! I love this crib I think it is timeless and elegant! Good Choice!
    IKEA Sundvik.

This is the crib we are getting as well. With our first we got a Munire crib and then didn't even use it in his room. It is in our guest room. We decided not to spend so much ($650) this time. We will get the ikea crib and save the money for when we redo the nursery to a big kid room. Our DS outgrew the height limit on the crib at only 18 months so it wasn't worth the $$.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Munire Savannah that we found on craigslist for $250 and the instead of spending the high price for the matching pieces we discovered that the same company make Suite Bebe brand at Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot. The quality is the same but the prices are lower. I have the dresser and chest of drawers for $399 each since the Victoria collection was discontinued but the color matched perfectly. They also make Baby Cache that is sold at BRU.
  • I'm thinking about getting the Graco Stanton convertible crib for $159 @ walmart.com. It had good reviews on most sites I checked plus it comes with a free mattress. Pretty pumped about that. Plus with the Graco glider I want to match I can get crib/mattress/glider shipped for about $300. Haven't ordered yet but I'm pretty pumped about this :) Now if only I could find a good deal on a medela freestyle pump!
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We got the DaVinci Emily crib in espresso. It was highly rated on Consumer Reports for safety and value. It's held up really well for the past 3 years of use.

The only one rated higher was the Ikea Leksvik, but at the time it used a non-standard size crib mattress and we would have been tied to Ikea for all of our mattress and sheet needs. I think it's been updated to fit a standard crib mattress now.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have a Baby's Dream Serenity in cherry, purchased at a local children's boutique and a EuropaBaby Geneva in white, purchased on target.com. Both got great ratings in Baby Bargains.
  • We bought a Young America Lyric crib in Graphite.  It is a convertible and cost around $800.  We got the Boardwalk dresser and changing table top, which was also about $800.  After trying so hard for this baby, I was determined to get the nursery set I wanted and this was PERFECT.  I didn't want something cheap that shakes whenever the baby moves, I really wanted something solid and it's something I plan on converting and they should be in until college, so worth the money IMO.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • We are getting PBK Larkin in white.
  • We have Pali cribs. the marina and the gardena. They are both amazingly beautiful. For bb3 we're looking at either the modena or cortina collections from Pali. Suggestions?! This brand is a safe bet for durability, their finishes are flawless...and they're beautiful!!
    Can't go wrong.
  • allrightmeowallrightmeow member
    edited November 2014
    This thread is five years old....
  • ivs112 said:

Graco Lauren Convertible Crib from BRU. It's only $169 and it has gotten great reviews. I also love the dark espresso color.

We have this crib and it is great. We were going to spend a lot more money on a very fancy crib and we are very happy we didn't spend more money because it is great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Hate to burst bubbles here but the OPs kid is in kindergarten now and does not give a single shit about the crib anyone has. Stop bumping a 5 year old thread.
  • We have similar variations of this one in each room.  I just like the look of the white iron and that's why I chose them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO  THE VOMBIE THREAD GOT @Bliss+Berry TOO!  
  • edited November 2014

TTC Since July of 2010
    BFP: July 4th, 2014
    EDD: March 15, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"