June 2014 Moms
Options

Something different

All I see are post about pregnancy this that and the next. So how about we switch it up. Tell me how you and you significant other met.

I met mine through mutual friends. I had gotten a job working nights and at the same time so did he. We started off just chatting with each other at 3am. Then one day he suggested he hang out. At the time I was far from looking for a relationship and figured what the hay why not. Our first date consisted of dinner and rollerblading down the bike path where I lived. We have been inseparable since.

Re: Something different

• Options
    That's awesome! That story just proves what's meant to be will always find a way :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep the love stories coming :) I'm awwwwing over them all!
  • Options
    supgabssupgabs member
    edited December 2013

Mine is terrible hahah

We met through a mutual acquaintance when I was 17 and he was 20. I had just gotten out of a "serious" relationship (as serious as they come when you're a young teenager) and was looking to party lol. To be brutally honest he was my drug dealer (those days are long over lol). Well one night I decided I wanted to hook up with him so I made my move. We started hanging out 1-2 nights a week and it gradually increased to 3-4 nights. He kept asking me "to be his girl." and I would laugh and tell him no (poor guy). I was not looking for a relationship at the time. Well as time went on he was getting more persistent and I surprised him when I finally gave in and let him call me "his girl".

6 years later we own a home together and are starting a family together. Not romantic at all but oh boy do I love that man.

Lilypie - (4j0O)

Follow us at Caring Bridge 

• Options
    I met H at party my first night back in college after the summer before my junior year. We played beer pong against eachother. We were both drunk. Not romantic at all but hey look where it got us!
  • Options
    @Yasm33na Love your story!!
  • Options
    I met mine working at a resort town in the Rockies.  I was a server and he was a cook and we lived 3 doors down from each other in residence.  I actually didn't notice him for the first 3 months of living out there and I was dating his boss.  I had apparently caught his eye the first week at a staff party so as soon as the boss and I ended things he swooped me up and here we are 8 years later happily married. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    Good post!

I was 17, he was 24. I worked with his best friend and all I knew about my DH was they were best friends, but we had never really met. He'd come in to my work to see his friend then added me on MySpace one day. I accepted thinking he was someone that I worked with, but we started talking. He said he thought I was cute, but was afraid to talk to me. We started dating right away, but my parents fought to keep us apart because he didn't have his life together at all. I broke up with him when I went away to college to make my parents happy and I even "dated" someone else. I still loved my DH the whole time and after a year and a half we got back together and after my sophomore year I moved back home and switched schools. Shortly after that my parents learned to love him and we've been together since :) I knew since a month after we met that we'd get married!
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My friend (and previous coworker) won a free drinks and app hour for 10 people at a bar in Boston. My DH is one of her friend's husband's bestfriend. Since they were both working in the city, they stopped by. I thought he was cute (and apparently vice versa) but we were both sort of seeing other people and didn't pursue anything. A year later, we remet at that mutual friend's BBQ. When I walked into the kitchen, the host asked me if I knew anyone and I saw my H and said, "yeah, I know Bill." The rest is history. :)
  • Options
    I was living in Georgia and had been in a new position with my company for a few months.  My job was to understand customer needs and then tell the software developers those customer needs so they could design a product.  DH was hand-picked to be on my team as a software developer and had moved to Iowa (where I would move in a few months).  He was very quiet and I didn't know what his role was on the team and I needed to understand it.  So, I set up a meeting with him and his manager when I made a trip to Iowa.  I expected him to be the stereotypical software guy (thick glasses, geeky, etc).  I first saw him and his manager in the hallway and we briefly talked.  Boy was I wrong about what he'd look like!  He really impressed me in the meeting and I guess after the meeting, his manager said he should go after me!  

We talked via our company's instant messenger service and seemed to hit it off.  However, since I was in transition, I did not want to be in a relationship.  I gave him the cold shoulder a few times when I traveled to Iowa and he almost gave up.  Needless to say, I finally gave in and we have been together ever since (August 2009)!  We knew we would get married about a month into our relationship.

• Options
    We met our junior year in HS. We had a class together and I found him completely annoying and could stand him. Then he became really good friends with my brother. I got to know him and we started dating. I wasnt interested in a relationship, he was enlisting in the Marines and I was really career focused. But alas, we've been married almost five years.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm truly grateful I dated my ex because I probably would've never met DH. After my ex and I broke up I remained friends with a lot of his friend's girlfriends. One girl in particular was really into hair and makeup so I went over her house one night so she could curl my hair, do my makeup, and we were going to go out to dinner to cheer me up. We changed the dinner location last minute and ended up going to a restaurant DH worked at. He knew her from school and came over to say hi. A few days later she forwarded me Myspace messages he had sent her asking about me. We hung out and got to know each other for about 6 months before we started officially dating. That was almost 7 years ago and I'm so thankful for everything that led me to him :)
  • Options
    We met at a church activity during my first semester of grad school. We had a lot of friends in common but we didn't start dating until a year later. We fell in love and got engaged a month and a half later. We got married that summer, a month after I turned 27.

3 1/2 years later and we are expecting baby #2. We are incredibly happy!
  • Options
    Met my DH during the "Surprise October Storm" we had here in buffalo back in 2006. I had just turned 16 and my bff at the time was his cousin. Since she had power, he and his family came to spend the night. he was 19, came with a thirty in hand. I swear the moment I saw him I literally had chills. We spent the evening drinking and playing scattergories with my friend and her bf. The rest is history :)

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• Options
    We were set up through my roommate. She went to high school with my husband. We have been together 7 years and married for a little over four years.
  • Options
    My DH and I met in biology class in high school.  We were best friends (best friends who liked each other, but friends just the same) for years.  We started dating long distance between my freshman and sophomore year of college.  We dated a year and a half, were engaged for a year and a half, got married as soon as I graduated, and have been married almost 6 years.  He was my first date, first boyfriend, first kiss, first…everything!  He is still my very best friend :-).  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Hubby and I met online.  We decided to meet about a month after chatting.  We met and went for a hike.  I had 2 jack russells with me ( one was mine, one was a foster)  he had his golden retriever. 

For some reason when I got out of my car and saw him w his dog, I knew he was the one!!!

We went for a hike and then went to the diner close by, we sat talking for a few hours.

Come to find out I know his brother, I used to show horses at the same places he did.  

We met it will be 8 yrs ago in Jan, have been married 2 yrs this past July.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    We met at college the very first week of our freshman year. We were friends but didn't start dating until spring semester that year (2009) and together ever since! We got married two weeks after our college graduation. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hubs and I met in high school actually. I instantly fell for him, but I was a freshman and he was a senior.  We were both in marching band so I got to get close to him through that.  The summer before he was going into college we hung out a lot (there were several of us hanging).  Finally, in October of my sophmore year we kissed and made it official.  Haven't left his side since.  16 years and counting.  Love that man!
    ~Kelly
  • Options
    "My DH and I met in biology class in high school.  We were best friends (best friends who liked each other, but friends just the same) for years.  We started dating long distance between my freshman and sophomore year of college.  We dated a year and a half, were engaged for a year and a half, got married as soon as I graduated, and have been married almost 6 years.  He was my first date, first boyfriend, first kiss, first…everything!  He is still my very best friend"  

My hubs was my first everything too!
    ~Kelly
  • Options
    We actually met at 5 and 6 years old. He lived down the street from my grandma while I was growing up. We did not date till college but were always friends. Once we started dating it just felt right and we ended up getting married 13 month after we started dating. That was 10 years ago. He is the most amazing man and I'm so blessed to have him. He is also a amazing dad!! Love him so much.
  • Options
    Love this thread! And I love my husband!!! So happy to share our story :).

My DH and I met through mutual friends. He had the hots for my friend. But, my friend wasn't interested. They were at lunch together on Valentine's Day one year, and as a way to get out of hanging out with him after work, she suggested he call me for happy hour instead, because I had no plans. (I did have plans . . . but they consisted of sitting on my couch listening to Celine Dion and eating ice cream.) 

Anyway . . . he ended up asked me to happy hour that V-Day and I agreed . . . and six hours and two bottles of wine later we were attached at the hip. We were engaged a year later . . . and married six months after that. Now we've been married over a year and have been trying for a baby since our honeymoon! 
  • Options
    We met during my freshman year of high school. He was a junior and we had a mutual friend. At a football game, I went over to talk to the friend and he said, "hey Julie, do you know Jeremy?" Jeremy immediately responded, "I'm sick of her crap." Even though we had just met, he decided to get mouthy. We ended up hanging out together before the school dance that followed the game and I threw rocks at him. I ended up asking him to Homecoming a few weeks later, which is where he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was an interesting start, but we are still together 13 years later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    @kphanzlik, that's pretty much my story too! He recognized my photo though and ended up knowing my name which really freaked me out! We went to Jr. High together it turned out. We were married after 9 months and will have our 4th anniversary a month before baby is due <3
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1991b9.aspx[/img][/url]}
  • Options
    We met in college, when we had physics class together.  He played soccer with a lot of my college friends, so I saw him outside of class by going to the soccer games (and parties!).  December 20 will be our 9 year anniversary!

<3

• Options
    My husband and I met my freshman year of high school, his sophomore year. I had a huge crush on his best friend and was flirting with him after school. My hubby was sweeping the cafeteria as community service (for drawing a smiley face on his locker. With chalk) and then came outside where I was hanging out with his friend. My crush said "Hey, this is my friend Geoff. Would you go out with him?" I gave him the up and down and said "No" and turned away. For the next year DH dated a girl who's locker was next to mine and I don't know why but it just made jealous! After he broke up with her in my sophomore year, his junior we started talking and had our first date a month later (January 4th 2008) to Alvin and the Chipmunks. He invited his best friend because he was nervous, I spilled the popcorn he bought me all over the floor. He asked me to be his girlfriend on January 18th. We shared our first kiss on valentines day and said I love you on leap day. I knew I wanted to marry him and I told him. We had our ups and downs, two break ups (less than a week each) but were married 3 1/2 years later and have now been together for 6 1/2 years. He is a beautiful man, husband, and father and I couldn't imagine life without him.
  • Options
    Carriebear22Carriebear22 member
    edited December 2013
    I was dating a friend of DH's right around the time I turned 16, we were out cruising and met up with some of his friends. One of those friends turned out to be DH, who immediately on seeing me while still in his truck, turned to his friend (not the one I was dating) and said "damn I'd like a piece of that!" Such a charmer! (In his defense I was skinny and hot, I'll never be that hot again). DH has a baby face with a gorgeous smile so I thought he was a cutie. Since DH had a nice new truck we rode with him a lot and discovered he was a nice guy too. About a month later things with the original boyfriend didn't work out (as it usually doesn't when they kiss your friends), and shortly thereafter was the annual waterfront festival, where I ran into DH. We went for a walk on the breakwater, he jokingly put his arm around me, and left it there. Something just felt right. Our first kiss was a few days later during the festival fireworks. We became official a couple of weeks later, after as little as a month in we knew it was forever, and on our 5 year dating anniversary tied the knot. Been married 9 years and now having our first baby! :)
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• Options
    I started a new job and met the girl that is now my BFF there when she started a couple weeks after I did. I started hanging out with her and her boyfriend and this group of guys. I became friends with all of them and we hung out for months before my BFF decided to set me up with one of them. We went on a double date and hit things off. We talked for a week or so and then he told me that this girl he'd liked for years finally wanted to give him a chance. So he apologized and dropped me like a bad habit. I continued to hang out with all of them and watch this other girl drag him thru the mud and never commit to him. One night she showed up to hang out with everyone and brought a different guy and decided to make out with him in front of everyone. My hubby then punched a tree and broke his hand. I was the one standing there with the ice. The rest is history.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"