TTC After a Loss
Options

~~~ TTCAL Newbie Checkin (Tuesday, Dec. 3) ~~~

2»

Re: ~~~ TTCAL Newbie Checkin (Tuesday, Dec. 3) ~~~

• Options
    megrae12 said:
    Me: This will be a post and run. We have to put our dog down today. I am heartbroken, H is devastated. She is his first dog, I have never seen him cry so much. This is the worst. ((Hugs)) to you ladies and I promise once everything is over I will come back and give the support y'all deserve. Love y'all. 
    HUGS to you and your husband. I am so sorry Megrae. My heart goes out to you! XOXO

BFP: 9/21/13 | EDD:5/31/14 | MC confirmed:11/6/13 | D&C:11/12/13
    BFP: 1/14/14 | EDD: 9/21/14 | MC confirmed: 2/3/14 | D&C: 2/4/14
    DX 3/18/14 (Complete) Septate Uterus | Resection 4/22/14
    BFP: 8/5/14 | EDD: 4/19/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Just wanted to thank all of you for the prayers and support! Gina made it very clear that she wanted us to go on and be happy - to know that this is not goodbye. She arrived in Heaven about 4 minutes before her parents anniversary, so she probably threw an epic party for them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    megrae12 said:
    Me: This will be a post and run. We have to put our dog down today. I am heartbroken, H is devastated. She is his first dog, I have never seen him cry so much. This is the worst. ((Hugs)) to you ladies and I promise once everything is over I will come back and give the support y'all deserve. Love y'all. 
    I'm so very sorry
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jlworden710 oooooo Elf the musical sounds awesome - hope it's good and you have a blast.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    megrae12 said:

That is hard. They are like family. Thinking of you guys!

• Options
    tvandewi said:
    Hey Ladies! I missed a lot of updates yesterday!

I am just hanging out on CD85. I called my RE and they prescribed me 10 days of Prometrium. But here is the catch. They are closed from the 14-Jan 6 so if I get AF between than (which I will if I start the prometrium) I can't do CD3 bw/vus. So I am going to wait to start it around Christmas (joy). So now I am petrified I will get it naturally than anyway as my body seems to want to spite me lately.. so FX I get it either by the 13th or not until the new year. The good thing is though if the testing confirms it we will start a medicated cycle right away (I worried that I would still have to wait a cycle anyway). They also told me that they had taken extra blood last time to test my AMHA (I didn't know they did) so I should have those results either late next week or in the new year. I just hope it works out because I don't know how long my next cycle will be if I can't get the testing done this time...

Hmmm I think I would do something like Bridesmaids and be Kristen Wig, I think filming that movie with a cast like that would have been a riot!
    I hope your period returns when it works best for testing and not when most inconvenient as our bodies seem to like to do to us from time to time.  ((hugs))   I agree with your Bridesmaids movie, that would have been an insanely fun cast to work with!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

As for me....I had a great and eventful shopping trip to Houston! The holidays of course were a bit difficult as we were planning to announce on Thanksgiving, but being able to be around family and friends that I dont get to see that often helped with the "down times". I am going to Chicago this weekend with my mom to see "Elf the musical" so I am pretty pumped to have things distracting me from my AF steakout! Speaking of AF steakout... I have been crampy and having similar symptoms to those glorious AF indicators so I am crossing my fingers that means its close, but trying to not get my hopes up  (I am 23 days out from my D&C). I have my followup appt on the 10th so I am hoping to get a more definite bench burning date and some answers on my glorious bicornuate ute!

As far as movies... I think I would want to be Emma Stone in Crazy Stupid Love... I loved her character's sense of humor and sarcasm... and she touched Ryan Gossling.... with her mouth!
    I'm glad you had a good trip to Houston and some quality family time, those good times with family are so important!  FX your period is indeed on its way soon and a strong path going forward can be reached. 

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    megrae12 said:
    ((big hugs)) I'm sorry you're having to deal with such a sad circumstance.  Take care of yourself and your hubby!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    catemitty said:
    Thanks for the well wishes with starting  charting.  I have a feeling I will have a few ups and downs in this process while my body sorts out how to handle the past month, and I learn the process itself.  I think I am already being betrayed because I appeared to have EWCM today... but can that really be?  I haven't taken enough temps to know if there was a shift.  So, I will cross fingers that it won't take long to return to a normal cycle.  
    Reading everything on here... I have so much to learn.  Thanks for taking a newbie in.
    I'm glad you understand that it will take some time for your body to sort itself out.  CM patterns, pains you typically feel, all sorts of cycle 'regulars' might be wonky and/or change from pre-loss norms.  I had a 43 day cycle right after my loss, with EWCM showing up at all sorts of times, and since my loss my typical pattern of O pains and such has definitely been different than I was used to before.  ((hugs)) and hopefully you don't have to wait too long to figure things out.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    ****from ipad**** Hello ladies!! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! I'm doing a lot better today than I was a few days ago. I have lost two babies within a year, my son at 20 weeks last November and my daughter at 27 weeks this past October. So when the first of Dec hit I lost it all!! I became very angry and just pissed at the world. I'm upset that this is the second year in a row that for the holidays I am grieving my son EJ who should be 7 months and preparing for his first Christmas and my daughter Olivia whom I should be 37 weeks pregnant with. So needless to say I have been very acquainted with a few glasses of wine. I have my MFM appt on the 20th which I'm excited and anxious about because I will get the testing done and speak with the MFM doctor but then I'll have to wait for the results and I'm not very patient. I'm just sad and angry for all of us who have lost our babies!! Love and hugs to you all!!!
    imageimageimageimageimage 

• Options
    irons633 said:
    ****from ipad**** Hello ladies!! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! I'm doing a lot better today than I was a few days ago. I have lost two babies within a year, my son at 20 weeks last November and my daughter at 27 weeks this past October. So when the first of Dec hit I lost it all!! I became very angry and just pissed at the world. I'm upset that this is the second year in a row that for the holidays I am grieving my son EJ who should be 7 months and preparing for his first Christmas and my daughter Olivia whom I should be 37 weeks pregnant with. So needless to say I have been very acquainted with a few glasses of wine. I have my MFM appt on the 20th which I'm excited and anxious about because I will get the testing done and speak with the MFM doctor but then I'll have to wait for the results and I'm not very patient. I'm just sad and angry for all of us who have lost our babies!! Love and hugs to you all!!!

I'm so sorry ((hugs))

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @megrae12 So sorry to hear about your dog (((Hugs))))

@jlworden710 I hope AF comes soon

@yurizaba So sorry for your loss.

@irons633 I'm glad to hear you are doing better.

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

• Options
    yurizaba said:
    Hello! 

I'm new here, we were expecting our first little angel in June, however, we lost it a couple of weeks ago. I'm obviously scared but also hopeful that we can make this happen for us. I am mexican, but I live in England (so please excuse me if my grammar is incorrect). 

I am still going up and down on the mood, but I hope thing will get better.

Thank you everybody for your attention and support x x x 

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) Where in England are you living? My hubby and I love England, we've been there twice and would love to go back whenever possible.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    irons633 said:

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) I hope you get some answers through testing and your appointment on the 20th.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    As for me....I had a great and eventful shopping trip to Houston! The holidays of course were a bit difficult as we were planning to announce on Thanksgiving, but being able to be around family and friends that I dont get to see that often helped with the "down times". I am going to Chicago this weekend with my mom to see "Elf the musical" so I am pretty pumped to have things distracting me from my AF steakout! Speaking of AF steakout... I have been crampy and having similar symptoms to those glorious AF indicators so I am crossing my fingers that means its close, but trying to not get my hopes up  (I am 23 days out from my D&C). I have my followup appt on the 10th so I am hoping to get a more definite bench burning date and some answers on my glorious bicornuate ute!

As far as movies... I think I would want to be Emma Stone in Crazy Stupid Love... I loved her character's sense of humor and sarcasm... and she touched Ryan Gossling.... with her mouth!
    (((HUGS))) After a loss we have so many milestones to overcome. I had certain dates and events I was going to announce and when they came and passed it was a hard reminder. My MMC was at 11 weeks so my dates were within a couple weeks of when I was still physically going through the MC. I avoided certain events because I knew I wouldn't be able to get through it. I'm glad you had family that you hadn't seen in awhile to distract you! I hope AF shows for you soon and that you get some answers at your appt.

~EDD 03/10/14 ~ MMC 08/20/13 ~
         (discovered @ 11 weeks. Poppy measured 7 weeks)
     ~Married August 27, 2011~

k: My Ovulation Chart

~All Welcome~
    TTCAL February siggy challenge: Olympic Fails:

photo a1-daffodil-wallpaper-hd-2.jpg

• Options
    Good morning Ladies,

Because of my post and run on Tuesday I wasn't able to check in with everyone. I just typed out my replies now and it got deleted! :((

I will be a better Bumpie next week :) I'm sorry and (((hugs))) to all of you and welcome to the newest members!!!

~EDD 03/10/14 ~ MMC 08/20/13 ~
         (discovered @ 11 weeks. Poppy measured 7 weeks)
     ~Married August 27, 2011~

k: My Ovulation Chart

~All Welcome~
    TTCAL February siggy challenge: Olympic Fails:

photo a1-daffodil-wallpaper-hd-2.jpg

• Options
    tvandewi said:
    What types of novels do you write?

I write what the book industry calls "women's fiction." Think Emily Giffin, Allison Winn Scotch, Sarah Jio. That sort of thing.

@irons633 So very sorry for your losses. Hugs to you as you face the holidays. It's a tough time of year and so unfair that you've been through so much recently. I'm glad you found this board for support.

DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    Hey y'all. I promised to be back and better support but like @abryars everything I had typed out disappeared and I do not have the energy to re type it. I hope y'all have a good day and much ((Hugs)) to all of you. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    gscoville said:
    catemitty said:
     I think I am already being betrayed because I appeared to have EWCM today... but can that really be? 
    I'm glad you understand that it will take some time for your body to sort itself out.  CM patterns, pains you typically feel, all sorts of cycle 'regulars' might be wonky and/or change from pre-loss norms.  I had a 43 day cycle right after my loss, with EWCM showing up at all sorts of times, and since my loss my typical pattern of O pains and such has definitely been different than I was used to before.  ((hugs)) and hopefully you don't have to wait too long to figure things out.
    Okay, @catemitty , apparently we are having the same type of experience all around because today--my first day of no bleeding after natural m/c--I had EWCM, too, on CD8. More than I usually have in a "normal" cycle. Like globs of it, and really stretchy. Sorry for TMI, but WTF? I want to tell my body, "Hey, there, just settle down. You'll get your chance."
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    Hi ladies. I'm a newbie to this board. I've intro'd on the main board and would love to post here with you as well.

Weekly Update:  How are you doing?  Post an update including any news, thoughts, or questions - let me know how things are going for you!

Things are hard and sad right now. I just found out on Monday that the baby probably stopped growing at 6 weeks. I miscarried a day and a half ago at home. I'm grateful for that and hoping it was complete so I don't have to get a D&C, but it was still traumatic. Especially because my doctor wanted me to bring things in for genetic testing. Nothing like fishing around in your toilet while crying as silently as you can.

I'm not entirely certain why my doctor wanted to do testing. This is my first loss. I could certainly understand if I had multiple losses. I suspect it's because I'm AMA. Any insight?
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Cheekers2010 I don't have any insight as to the testing. My understanding reading stuff on this board and talking to friends is that they usually don't test until 2 or, more often, 3 losses. I am sorry you had to bring in a sample. That is truly awful. But I hope at least the process gives you some answers--fingers crossed for you that everything checks out just fine.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    @cheekers2010 I'm so sorry you find yourself here. My doctor did testing simply on "products of conception" to rule our infection of the uterus as well as for molar pregnancy. She did not do any genetic testing as my insurance wouldn't cover it being a first loss. I hate you had to go through that but maybe you will get some kind of answer or closure. Sorry I don't have any insight, but I do have some (((hugs)))

• Options
    @Cheekers2010 Welcome. So sorry for your loss. I had a D&C and because my insurance would cover it my doctor did testing even though it was my first loss. It can't hurt to have more knowledge as to what is going on.

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

• Options
    Hi ladies. I'm a newbie to this board. I've intro'd on the main board and would love to post here with you as well.

Weekly Update:  How are you doing?  Post an update including any news, thoughts, or questions - let me know how things are going for you!

Things are hard and sad right now. I just found out on Monday that the baby probably stopped growing at 6 weeks. I miscarried a day and a half ago at home. I'm grateful for that and hoping it was complete so I don't have to get a D&C, but it was still traumatic. Especially because my doctor wanted me to bring things in for genetic testing. Nothing like fishing around in your toilet while crying as silently as you can.

I'm not entirely certain why my doctor wanted to do testing. This is my first loss. I could certainly understand if I had multiple losses. I suspect it's because I'm AMA. Any insight?

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) I don't really have much insight with regards to testing on a first loss, other than I'd guess that being AMA might play a part in your doctor's decision. Being AMA myself, there's always a feeling that taking any amount of time moving forward is limited, so an aggressive approach is often warranted. I hope you get some answers and a solid plan to move on with!

I should also mention that if you are going to keep the pic of your little one in your siggy, you'll need to post a "warning: child pic in siggy" or other similar warning each time you post on this board so that those who might find pain in such pics can know to avoid your posts as needed. You'll likely notice as you spend more time here that very few, if any, members keep pictures of their children in their siggy. You may in fact just find it easier to take the pic out entirely so you don't have to post a warning each time, you could then replace it with a ticker which many women have and don't require a warning.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Hi all :)  I am new here and this is my first checkin.  I posted an intro a few days ago on the board.  It's been a few months since we lost our baby.  The first few weeks were obviously rough both physically and mentally, but then I was doing pretty well and happy that we were able to TTC again.  But it seems the past few days have been really rough again.  I'm not sure if it's the failed ttc cycles or what, but I've been feeling really sad and jealous of my friends who are pregnant.  I hate feeling jealous because I am truly so happy for them, but when I see their bumps, I just want to cry sometimes. :-/  I'm hoping to start feeling better again and I'm trying to keep myself distracted as much as possible.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    gscoville said:

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) I don't really have much insight with regards to testing on a first loss, other than I'd guess that being AMA might play a part in your doctor's decision. Being AMA myself, there's always a feeling that taking any amount of time moving forward is limited, so an aggressive approach is often warranted. I hope you get some answers and a solid plan to move on with!

I should also mention that if you are going to keep the pic of your little one in your siggy, you'll need to post a "warning: child pic in siggy" or other similar warning each time you post on this board so that those who might find pain in such pics can know to avoid your posts as needed. You'll likely notice as you spend more time here that very few, if any, members keep pictures of their children in their siggy. You may in fact just find it easier to take the pic out entirely so you don't have to post a warning each time, you could then replace it with a ticker which many women have and don't require a warning.

Sorry about that! For some reason I had thought a warning was only necessary if I started a thread. Fixed.

And, yes, time is not on my side. I'm 39. This pregnancy would've had me delivering almosy three months before I turned 40, but now I will be 40 even if I get ku'd right away again. Definitely a source of stress for me.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

Sorry about that! For some reason I had thought a warning was only necessary if I started a thread. Fixed.

And, yes, time is not on my side. I'm 39. This pregnancy would've had me delivering almosy three months before I turned 40, but now I will be 40 even if I get ku'd right away again. Definitely a source of stress for me.

I know what you mean - I was due in August, just a couple weeks before I turned 40. The age factor really sucks! I'm glad your doctor isn't wasting any time trying to figure things out for you.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    LM915 said:
    Hi all :)  I am new here and this is my first checkin.  I posted an intro a few days ago on the board.  It's been a few months since we lost our baby.  The first few weeks were obviously rough both physically and mentally, but then I was doing pretty well and happy that we were able to TTC again.  But it seems the past few days have been really rough again.  I'm not sure if it's the failed ttc cycles or what, but I've been feeling really sad and jealous of my friends who are pregnant.  I hate feeling jealous because I am truly so happy for them, but when I see their bumps, I just want to cry sometimes. :-/  I'm hoping to start feeling better again and I'm trying to keep myself distracted as much as possible.

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) Good and rough times kind of come and go after a loss, and it's normal to feel the way you do as you deal with others moving past you with their TTC journeys. Allow yourself to heal even as you acknowledge the bad days, they will get fewer farther between with time.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"