February 2013 Moms
Options

NBR - I'm a moron

We get a half of a beef every year around Christmas.  It's awesome.  Last year, though, we found that we had went through the entire half before the middle of the year.  These kids can eat!  So this year I ordered a full beef.

I went to pick it up today and unpacked all of the meat, hauling it downstairs to our deep freezer and then I realized.  Ummmmmmm.  More beef means more freezer space.  I think the baby has officially nursed away all of my brain cells.  I'm so stupid that I didn't even think about how we don't have room for twice as much meat.

I managed to get all of the steaks, ground beef, ribs, and stuff like brisket into the deep freezer and got some other stuff in the freezer portion of our fridge.  I've spent the last four hours canning roasts, which I assume I will be doing straight through the night and into tomorrow.  All of the roasts and stew meat are going to have to be canned, and I've got two batches of stock going because I had to pull out all of the soup bones and chicken feet that were in the freezer to make space.  The stock will have to be canned sometime too. 

The upside to this first world problem is that I will have a lot of ready-made meat for stews and stuff.

I've officially lost my mind folks.  Seven straight years of having babies suck nutrients out of my body - I guess at some point the brain cells had to start going too...

Re: NBR - I'm a moron

• Options
    I'm so sorry! I can't help but laughing though because I did something similar I just didn't pay it because I've already been pegged as the predicament girl ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Oooooh do you have a dehydrator? You've got to have a dehydrator... soak some of the good bits in teriyaki or other tasty brine and then jerky it!
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awful. I try and order an 1/8th at a time. I feel like if I get too much more, I always hate a ton of the steaks or roasts left, but no other cuts. I use my variety better if I have less selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"