March 2013 Moms
Options

Scandalous Saturday...

Ok I needed an exciting title to draw you in! What's some "off the cuff" things you do for your little one that are "forbidden"

Re: Scandalous Saturday...

• Options
    Lately, I haven't been waiting 2-3 days between introducing new foods. I did at first, but now if we go to Costco and there's something she can eat, I mke sure it's nut and honey free and then give her a taste. For thanksgiving she ate stuffing, cornbread, turkey, mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes and macaroni and cheese!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    I feed my daughter everything too! I just make sure no nuts, honey, or cows milk in its purest form.

I also make sure it's healthy and not loaded with sugar.

She doesn't do purées anymore.

We also let her watch YouTube videos. She Ioves them. I watched a ton of TV, talked early, have my doctorate, and am just fine.

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We feed our LO a few ounces of juice a day. He likes it with lots of ice cubes in it while he's teething. I think the amount of activity and portion control your child has contribute way more to obesity than juice! Also- I've been very slowly graduating to letting my LO sleep with a blanket.
  • Options
    I gave her like 3 bites of a cookie the other day while we were at community tree lighting because she seems to think that she HAS to be the loudest thing in the room so i gave her something to chew on.  

Yesterday she had egg yolk, chicken, rice, veggies, some cookie, mushroom soup and some grilled cheese (NOM)

only purees we do are applesauce in the tubes she squeezes herself and sometimes i give her greek yogurt.   SO much eaier, but she has 230958349058 teeth so she's a chomper
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options

Not waiting 2-3 days between new foods anymore.  I figure if she's going have a reaction it's going to happen in the first 24 hours.

Letting the dog lick her face every now and then.  He loves it, she thinks it's hilarious and a little soap and water afterward never hurt anybody.

• Options
    I hold Jake. All. The. Time. Especially to get him asleep. I hear you shouldn't hold your baby too much for fear of "spoiling," but he's just such a wonderful cuddlebug. And I know it won't be too long before he won't want me to hold him anymore. I'm getting all the snuggles I can get while he'll let me.

• Options
    I let LO try some creamed corn on Saturday, he loved it! I'm guessing that's cause it was loaded with butter. I don't know for sure since I didn't make it.
  • Options
    I give her anything we are eating (like everyone else said keeping away from the nuts etc).  She loves food.  She still eats the purees for the main part of her meal.  She actually will yell at us if we are eating something and not sharing.  She had stuffed artichoke, stuffing, turkey, a little ice cream everything. My dh almost gave her a little piece of his poptart because she was making such a fuss but then realized it was peanut butter so he stopped himself.  I figure a little taste here and there won't hurt.  She has never had a problem with food and lovesss everything so I say go for it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    agreed @mhickey426.  I really don't know the best way to feed babies, feeding her table food (safe) just seemed the easiest option for us all.  She gets pretty peeved also if we're eating/drinking something and we won't share.  I finally measured out a day of meals for her...i guess a good estimate eowuld be

breakfast-2 oz protein OR dairy (cheese, yogurt, egg yolk, etc are all options), some sort of grain OR fruit (wether it's a waffle wheel, some bread,some tortilla with cinnamon on it or some fruit smoothie)
    breakfast-2 oz protein, some veggie (maybe 1/4 cup)
    Dinner-2 oz protein (notice a theme? we eat a lot of protein), some veg and whatever starch we are eating (potato, rice, cauliflower rice, whatev. 1/4 cup all together)

and then she sometimes snacks if I'm snacking...
  • Options
    I mean its not like they are eating things that are bad for them.  Im not pouring sugar or fat down her throat all day so why not let her try stuff.  My one niece only ate the purees and veggies but nothing "fun" to try.  Today this day she does not try anything or eat anything.  She is so picky.  My other niece was just like my dd and still eats/tries everything.

• Options
    How did you get your babies to eat solids? Like table food. Dd will eat puffs and crackers but everything else makes her gag! I want her to be a good eater but I don't quite know how right now.
  • Options
    How did you get your babies to eat solids? Like table food. Dd will eat puffs and crackers but everything else makes her gag! I want her to be a good eater but I don't quite know how right now.
    Just keep offering it to her, and let her experiment!  Gagging is totally normal - their gag reflex is way further up on their tongue (as a safety mechanism) so at first they do tend to gag a lot.  Eventually it moves back, and the more they get to explore table food, the better they get at eating it. Offer her lots of variety, and cut things into larger, french fry shaped pieces, so she has enough to grip and still get some into her mouth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Options
    Just keep offering it to her, and let her experiment!  Gagging is totally normal - their gag reflex is way further up on their tongue (as a safety mechanism) so at first they do tend to gag a lot.  Eventually it moves back, and the more they get to explore table food, the better they get at eating it. Offer her lots of variety, and cut things into larger, french fry shaped pieces, so she has enough to grip and still get some into her mouth.
    This. I just offered her foods from my plate in pieces she could grab, and then once her pincer grasp developed well, in bite sized pieces.  I also offered her soup, yogurt, etc with a spoon that she put in her own mouth (except soup. i did that myself) . she did gag, even throwing up a couple times, but never choked.   all the food was easily mashed up gums, even though she has teeth.
  • Options

I hold Jake. All. The. Time. Especially to get him asleep. I hear you shouldn't hold your baby too much for fear of "spoiling," but he's just such a wonderful cuddlebug. And I know it won't be too long before he won't want me to hold him anymore. I'm getting all the snuggles I can get while he'll let me.

Guilty! My little girl is just so sweet it's hard not to. I mean, she gets put down and spends a good amount of time on the floor playing but I still hold her to get her to sleep! Its starting to show though because she's so used to being cuddled that she has to be dead to the world knocked out before I can get her in the crib. I figure she won't always want me to cuddle her, I better get it in now
  • Options
    This. I just offered her foods from my plate in pieces she could grab, and then once her pincer grasp developed well, in bite sized pieces.  I also offered her soup, yogurt, etc with a spoon that she put in her own mouth (except soup. i did that myself) . she did gag, even throwing up a couple times, but never choked.   all the food was easily mashed up gums, even though she has teeth
    This exactly.  it takes a little time but they get the hang of it.  I started with really mushy stuff too like super boiled veggies or french fry.  Now depending on the food I either give her a big piece she can hold or cut things really tiny to where she can "chew" and swallow.

• Options
    egb+jaf said:
    Guilty! My little girl is just so sweet it's hard not to. I mean, she gets put down and spends a good amount of time on the floor playing but I still hold her to get her to sleep! Its starting to show though because she's so used to being cuddled that she has to be dead to the world knocked out before I can get her in the crib. I figure she won't always want me to cuddle her, I better get it in now
    I hold/snuggle/kiss LO every minute he'll let me! He is very active now so he gets impatient and wants to get down in the floor and play. I don't worry about spoiling him and do not care what anyone thinks--he is going to be mama's boy! :)
  • Options
    DD is still in our room. I transitioned her from rock n play to pack n play, but once she started rolling around and standing, she had a hard time sleeping. For a couple months she slept in bed and then I put her back in the rock n play. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am a terrible sleeper with a high stress day job and I need to get rest any way I can or else I'm useless. I really need to get her in her crib, in her own room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"