May 2014 Moms
Options

10 Things Tuesday

1. We told all our family it's a girl this weekend!
2. Still haven't announced on FB yet
3. I'm really antsy to get the nursery done
4. Everyone is already asking for our registry, I think that's weird
5. Best purchase of my pregnancy has been the motion sensored toilet light from Container store
6. Have not bought one Christmas present yet....
7. We decided on a name but are not telling anyone
8. My hair is growing like crazy!
9. My face is breaking out like crazy!
10. I haven't felt her kick yet :(

How about you? What's on your mind?
Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th

Re: 10 Things Tuesday

• Options
    1. We are suppose to close on our house on Friday
    2. The thought of working after baby comes makes me so emotional.... Already.
    3. I have way too much Christmas shopping left to do.
    4. My MIL already said we needed to cook Christmas dinner at out house (that gives us 2 + weeks to paint, move, and decorate!?!)
    5. I want to throat punch my mortgage loan officer.
    6. I should really be working right now not doing this....
    7. Living with parents waiting to close on out house is HARD!
    8. Paying for no house hold expenses has been amazing.
    9. I am in love with leggings and cute dresses right now
    10. 8 days until I know if I'm having a baby boy or a baby girl
  • Options
    1. I have a cold and it sucks. The sore throat and stuffy/runny nose are bad enough, but it also makes me gaggy and throw up even more than I have been.
    2. I got the cold from DD. She slept like crap the past two nights...and she wants nothing to do with daddy in the night.
    3. We half way decorated for Christmas. We need to get more stuff out of our storage unit and I refuse to go there alone. I'm always irrationally worried that some creeper could pull me into their unit and rape/murder me.
    4. Yesterday my mother in law dropped off two giant tubs of Christmas stuff she doesn't want anymore. No, thank you but I do not want all your ugly, faded crap from the eighties. I needed to go to the goodwill anyway.
    5. DD learned to say "ho, ho, ho" when she sees Santa. She's 13 months old and it's the cutest thing ever.
    6. November is over and DH still has not shaved.
    7. I've hardly done any Christmas shopping.
    8. My dad and my MIL are tied for most difficult to shop for.
    9. I'm already planning on being completely unproductive today. I'm hoping DD and I both get at least once good nap.
    10. I need panera for lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I have my 16week appointment today and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again. I wish this one included an ultrasound though.
    2. I'm also hoping they'll be able to tell me whether my placenta has moved. I haven't felt a flutter or anything yet and while I know this is to be expected with and anterior placenta, it still bums me out.
    3. I put out 90% of our Christmas stuff a few weeks ago. The other 10% still looks like it exploded in a big heap on my dining room table. I really should get on that....
    4. I want a donut.
    5. And Starbucks
    6. I need to do some graphic designing for a charity I'm on the board of today...and I really don't want to. I've been avoiding it for two weeks.
    7. I really need to start on my Christmas shopping
    8. I'm buying my hubby a bike, and he's going to be SO excited!
    9. I told my office I had a doctors appointment on Friday, so I couldn't make it to the holiday party. In reality...I just don't want to go. I'm the youngest Realtor in my office by like 15years except for someone's daughter and she's beyond socially awkward. I don't have much in common with anyone there.
    10. I'm going shopping tomorrow with my girlfriend who just had twins 6 weeks ago. Haven't seen them yet. I'm really excited!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TheBeeCharmerTheBeeCharmer member
    edited December 2013
    1. I can't wait to take my 3 y/o to see Frozen today!
    2. Wish I was feeling more movement. :( With my 2nd I felt it at 15 weeks and it never let up. This is my second time with anterior placenta. 
    3. I'm hoping my SIL doesn't make the trip up for Christmas. One visit a year is enough! 
    4. I'm pretty sure my MIL will get me maternity clothes for Christmas as she does every time I'm pregnant. (I don't need any gifts) BUT...this is my last pregnancy and I will be more than 1/2 way through at Christmas. 
    5. We want to move by summer, but I have no idea when to put my house on the market, and I'm dreading it! 
    6. I just gave into my Cheetos craving for the first time this pregnancy. I regret nothing.
    7. I'm so excited for my a/s on the 16th even though we most likely are team green. 
    8. Now that I don't have to drive every morning to work, I am looking forward to a little snow! 
    9. I feel compelled to take my kids to visit Santa every year even though at least one of them is terrified every time, They alternate years. 
    10. I really wish we would've waited til the week of Christmas to put up our tree. DS has already pulled off the lights twice and destroyed at least 4 ornaments. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LeeLee86 a lot of mine almost match yours!
    1. I "popped" this weekend and I'm super excited to "look" pregnant
    2. My sister is starting to give me all her hand-me-down baby stuff and it's freaking me out that the room that will be the nursery is still a mess
    3. I'm half done Christmas shopping but unlike other years where I am super organized with my "to buy" list, I don't have any idea what I'm getting half of my family, including my husband (!)
    4. We haven't announced on facebook and don't plan too (I'm sure a picture of me with my belly will show up from Christmas parties, etc. We're not hiding it or anything)
    5. I'm really frustrated at work lately and it's turning me into a giant bitch
    6. My old boss from like 5 years ago emailed me and wants to take me out to lunch, I'm REALLY curious as to why!
    7. I used to hate maternity clothes shopping because they are so expensive, but with all these pre-Christmas sales and my belly now out in full force it's becoming addictive.
    8. I thought once I was in my 2nd trimester and showing I wouldn't worry about the safety of my pregnancy but now that my A/S is less than weeks away I'm getting nervous about getting bad news even though everything has been great so far :(
    9. My husband is kicking ass at work (as always) but he seems more and more stressed about "making more money" even though we both do quite well and my mat leave won't be a financial issue. I hope it's a temporary funk he's in.
    10. I haven't felt movement yet, but I definitely am feeling belly stretching happening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    1. I haven't said this in years, but I'm looking forward to spending Christmas back home with my family. Much less chaotic.

2. DH and I had a great evening together last night.

3. Great evening made me realize it won't be the two of us and the dogs much longer.

4. Having said realization, I had my first freak-out-I-don't-know-if-I-can-do-this moment. Luckily it went away.

5. Our tree is up, and I'm hoping the dogs don't mess with anything.

6. I did some power-shopping this weekend and got through about 1/3 of our list.

7. I had a green tea with honey this morning and it was delightful.

8. My belly is getting bigger, but the scale says I've only gained 3 lbs. I'm worried I'm losing a lot of muscle that I had before getting pg.

9. I could feel little peanut last week, but I think things have shifted and now I don't feel him/her anymore. They did say I had an anterior placenta when I went in last, so I'm not surprised, just a little bummed.

10. After the madness of this past week (being home with the in-laws) I'm re-thinking that going back to work after baby gets here may actually be good for my sanity.
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1.  I still haven't felt movement and it's making me sad :-(

2.  Only 10 days until we have our elective u/s to find out the sex!

3.  My nose won't stop running/being stuffy and it's really annoying.

4.  We bought appliances last night for the house we are having built.

5.  I know we needed them, but I hated spending the money because I would rather use the money for other things.

6.  DH has to take off some vacation days or he will lose them and I am jealous that I can't take off too!

7.  We were supposed to go to a football game this weekend, but now it's supposed to get icy and cold.

8.  I wish DH would talk names with me, but he won't until we know the sex.

9.  I am so not feeling work today.

10.  I talked DH into maternity pics!  Hooray!
  • Options
    1.  I'm eating leftover Brioche French toast stuffed with cream cheese and blueberries.  It was from our Sunday brunch and it's still amazeballs despite not being as crispy as on Sunday.
    2.  So proud of my son Cole as he is being awarded an Eagle Pride Award at his school for being so helpful in his class in trying to assist other students with their work.
    3.  I have been experiencing really bad back pain since Thursday.  
    4.  My husband leaves this afternoon for a business trip and won't be back until Friday night.
    5.  Because my husband is going to be out this week I have to miss both of my yoga classes because I can't take my son with me and I can't leave him at home.  
    6.  I put both dogs and their kennels in our spare bedroom last night.  My husband called me Cruella and I don't really care because I actually slept without any interruption last night.
    7.  The next three weeks are going to be madness at work - end of quarter, holidays, and trying to get last minute deals in to hit my numbers.
    8.  I had a deal back out that would have put me at quota so now I'm scrambling to make up for that revenue.  Ain't got time for this shizz.
    9.  My husband and I both have to be in Baltimore all of next week for work which means we have to board our dogs which means another $200+ spent.  Where does the money go???
    10.  My husband is extremely stressed out about finances all the time and it makes me sad that he is so worried about job (sales), money, etc that he won't enjoy this time leading up to the baby at all.  #Firstworldproblems
  • Options
    1. After 3 short work weeks in a row, this one is going to take forever!

2. I had to cancel DD's flu shot for the 2nd time due to a nasty cold

3. Poor girl sounds like a seal when she coughs

4. Our a/s is 2 weeks from today!

5. We are team green so it will be all about seeing squirmy baby and hopefully getting some good pics to share over the holidays

6. I can't believe that we are almost half way baked!

7. At least the Olympics will provide some entertainment in the boring post-holiday months

8. We got our tree on Sunday and decorated it last night

9. DD broke 2 ornaments and our dog broke a third with her crazy tail

10. I am having so much fun buying DD's presents this years. I scored a bunch of tutus today on zulily and am excited that I don't have to make them any more!

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options
    1. I just ordered Christmas cards that will serve as our pregnancy announcement--it's our Beagle holding a cute sign!
    2. I'm irrationally afraid that by doing #1 above, I messed up my "pregnancy karma" and now something will happen to the baby
    3. I have to do my glucose testing on Thursday, and I'm afraid I will throw up the drink.
    4. I had a horrible miscarriage nightmare two nights ago. It was so real, I wasn't sure if it had happened or not when I woke up.
    5. Reading through my list so far, I need to chill the f*ck out about this pregnancy. I'm such a worrywart.
    6. I have gained 6 lbs so far, but it feels like 40. None of my clothes fit and I'm in maternity clothes exclusively.
    7. I am excited to get our tree this weekend! DH put up the outside lights already, but we still need to decorate the inside!
    8. I can't wait to feel the baby move--I wish I could feel it early like lots of the girls here.
    9. I'm baking Christmas cookies today!
    10. My dog has been an asshole lately. He only wants to snuggle with DH and not me.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. I was really looking forward to my parents having a quick visit next week, but they hit a deer last night on their cross-country drive.
    2. I am so sad that I just about cried. But I don't think that it's the hormones, I think I am just missing my family around the holidays.
    3. This also means my parents won't actually see me in a pregnant state as I don't think they have plans to visit again before baby arrives.
    4. My boss has changed my schedule on the fly like 3 times this week for shifts I am working THIS week.
    5. Growing tired of the winter storms and the asshole drivers on the roads who don't slow down.
    6. Not liking that I have the majority of late shifts out of 5 managers. I live the furthest away, am pregnant, and am always driving in the dark.
    7. My house is a disaster.
    8. Good thing I have a cleaning service coming on Thursday to do a thorough clean before the party this weekend.
    9. I have never used a cleaning service before and wanted to see what it was like.
    10. I don't want to go to work today. I wish I could call in a snow day, but that NEVER happens.
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    1. Now that we have told my husband's extended family about pregnancy I finally feel like I can relax and start enjoying it.
    2. Bought our nursery furniture yesterday - seems early, but we got the crib and matching dresser from BRUS for $300!
    3. My mom has accused me of not wanting the best for my baby because I didn't buy an expensive set from Pottery Barn.
    4. I feel like I never see my husband during the week - he goes to work early and is asleep when I get home from work.
    5. I'm running/walking a half marathon on Sunday
    6. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping
    7. I'm going to Texas in a week to meet up with sister and help her drive back to California for the holidays - excited for a girls trip
    8. I'm still riding my horse two days/week and it makes me sad to think I will probably have to stop riding soon =(
    9. I don't look pregnant yet just chubby, but I have a client at work who feels the need to comment on my changing body weekly as if I didn't own a mirror
    10. I never sleep through the night anymore - and I need a nap after this!
    <image>
  • Options

1.  I haven't done any Christmas shopping.

2. My house is 90% decorated for Christmas.  The remaining decorations are sitting in a box, and I have zero motivation to put them up.

3.  This is the latest DH and I have ever gone without putting up the tree.  Usually we have it all set up and ready the weekend after Thanksgiving.  And now we may not have time to get it until the weekend after next!

4. DH and I just dropped a bundle getting a new washer/dryer.  While I get that it will be worth it and save us a ton of money in the long run, I hate taking money out of our savings account.

5.  Not to mention, my ILs wanted to buy the washer/dryer as a gift "for the baby".  They told us they would take care of EVERYTHING, and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing.  They paid for half...and not for installation.  While I know that is still generous, this bs is just so typical of them.  Now DH and I are $800 out of pocket, and I'm annoyed.  I can't STAND my in-laws.

6.  The plumber who was supposed to be here at 1:30 to install said washer/dryer has still yet to arrive.  It's 3:30 and I took a half day from work to sit here and wait.

7.  Our A/S is a week from today!  DH and I have decided to find out what we are having, but we may keep it our little secret until the end.

8.  We finally announced on FB on Thanksgiving.  It was cute, and I'm glad this pregnancy is finally public.

9.  I still don't look pregnant.  Everyone says "you're not even showing" but I feel like a house.  This LO is still chilling right below my belly button, giving me a sweet "pooch" effect.  Thank goodness for scarves and loose sweaters. 

10.  The plumber just arrived.  Hopefully we can get this over with quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    11. Holy fog!!! I just looked outside and I can't even see the house across the street. Where did this come from!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    candrew05candrew05 member
    edited December 2013
    1. I had a bad day on Sunday, my DH was travelling with a hockey team for work and didn't return to his "home base" until about 3am Monday. Instead of going to his crash pad he drove 4 hours all night to come see me and surprise me. We only got one day together but it was wonderful. He knew exactly how badly I needed him and I appreciate him soo much.

2. I switched from iphone to samsung galaxy. Not sure I like it yet.

3. My #1 is really long. Sorry.

4. My MIL came to visit and brought me groceries. LOVE :)

5. A coworker gave me a brand new Graco car seat for free. LOVE :)

6. I've been freaking out lately wanting to see baby sooo bad. My FIRST ultrasound isn't until next week so between hearing the heart beat at 13 weeks and waiting until 17 1/2 weeks for u/s its hard!

7. I wish I had an excuse not to go to bootcamp tonight.

8. Work sucks lately.

9. DH asked me to make him Rice Krispies yesterday to take out of town with him (unusual request for him) but then he forgot them! I'm worried I won't be able to resist eating some now.

10. I'm wearing my favourite socks.
  • Options
    1. I got my first stack of WIC checks this morning and it was a humbling experiance to say the least.
    2. I have not announced on FB, and don't think i'm going to.
    3. I am finding out the gender next tuesday
    4. It's my turn to have my two dds this week, and its always very sad when the leave on Friday
    5. My BF comes home in February and i'm nervous
    6. ex DH and I have court a week from Friday and he's going to be shocked that i'm asking for child support and then i can get off assistance.
    7. I'm still not sure about names. My 7 year old like Phinnus (so she can nickname him ferb)
    8. I can't wait for December to be over
    9. I can't wait for the day to afford a puppy! (german shepherd please!)
    10. I drink too much coffee.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

• Options
    @cchild101010 I rode til 7.5 months with my first. It depends on your horse! The hardest part when you get big is dismounting. When that gets hard, throw your leg over the withers and step down onto a mounting block (if your horse will stand for that). My main horse is pretty wide and has a huge trot, so I had to stop riding him sooner. My mare and other gelding are smaller and narrower with smaller movement, so I kept riding them longer. Good luck! Stick with it til your body tells you to stop. You'll know when you're done!

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. My son can say his second word: baby.  :)
    2. On one hand, hearing him say words in his "this is totally new to me" way is the cutest ever.  On the other hand, I like his nonsense babbles and am pretty sure I'll miss them even more than I think I will when he turns into Chatty Toddler.
    3. Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to have postpartum depression before you're anywhere near having the baby.  My son is a peach, but some days I'm not sure how on earth I'll deal with two kids.
    4. I can kind of make good pancakes now.  The last batch I made, half of them were fluffy and half of them were flat and chewy.
    5. I think I had a 24-hour germ yesterday, possibly from Chinese food.
    6. My husband ate my leftover Chinese food for lunch today even though he's the one who suggested I was feeling sick from my Chinese food. 
    7. If he gets sick too, I'm going to think he's pretty silly, that's for sure.
    8. There's an advent thing at church this Sunday, and my mom gets to attend with me.  I'm really looking forward to it.
    9. My sister and her husband are getting a puppy later this week.  I'm happy for her, and at the same time shaking my head a little inside because she's got money issues and she always seems to focus on getting new and different stuff instead of sorting her finances.  I told her if she wanted advice to tell me and I would hook her up, but until then it's going to be sympathy only.  I know how much it sucks to get unwanted advice.  So far, she seems to only want sympathy when she's freaking out about being broke.
    10. She's taking my son for a sleepover the day (and night and following day) of the anatomy scan.  I'm super thankful she's watching him for the scan so my husband can be there with me, and am trying not to be nervous about the sleepover with a new puppy.  (I find journal articles for people as a big part of my job, and somebody requested a bunch about animal attacks recently--big cats, and pet dogs.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"