One & Done: Only child

Medically OAD? Was adoption a consideration for you?

So we see quite a few people who are medically one and done on the board.  But curious if adoption was a consideration for you?  We did consider this very seriously for some time when DS was 4 but for many reasons did not pursue further.

Also I find it extremely rude when I tell busy bodies that ask when we are having another that I am medically OAD that they start asking why don't we adopt....so intrusive and such a personally question!

Re: Medically OAD? Was adoption a consideration for you?

• I would adopt but not sure if my husband would be on board. hes very happy with our little family and feels like now we can provide more for dd. it would be very difficult for us to afford adoption right now. but I would love to!
  • Finances were big for us as well. Not that we were struggling but had gotten used to a certain lifestyle and had really gotten into travelling with DS. The time to adopt was also a consideration as DS would be 7 at the best case scenario. Plus taking time off from my career would have difficult. So many factors so yeah the automatic conclusion that you can "just" adopt is crazy, people jsay things I guess without thinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"