November 2012 Moms
Options

Does LO recognize what you say?

For instance Benjamin doesn't point to anything or really acknowledge anything that I ask him. Like where's the dog. Or where are the birdies or a certain favorite toy. The pedi asked and I told him he doesn't do this. He didn't seem concerned. But at the same time I never really did that with Benjamin either. So now I'm trying to point to things and say what they are and ask him where things are.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Does LO recognize what you say?

• Options
    My LO does for sure. If I ask her where the kitty is or the doggy or daddy, she will point and sometimes even say her word for them. She will also respond to her name and hand me things that she's not supposed to have, like pieces of paper or other things the cat scatters around my house. Of course she seems to have already developed selective hearing...a typical girl!
  • Options
    she recognizes things that highly motivate her: the dog, milk, bottle, bottle, her favorite stuffed animal, down, etc. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    D just started doing this recently.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I find myself surprised lately on the things she understands. Gotta start watching my mouth around her better!

• Options
    I don't ask her to point to anything but I can make commands and she will do them. Example I tell her to shake and she will shake whatever she is holding.
  • Options
    techg0ddesstechg0ddess member
    edited November 2013
    Depends on the day with Z. Somedays he's really absorbent and will say stuff but most of the time he's just like, whatever. He doesn't point but will look at whoever it is when you ask where's mom, dad, sister.  most of the time he's pointing and asking what's that (of that's what it sounds like) and we'll tell him. Although I've come to realize that's his way of saying, I want that. The doc just said to tell him everything your doing so he'll learn that way. I find it strange to have a running commentary but I try to do it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO pointed for the first time last night, if that makes you feel any better. I'm pretty sure she understands what I say, though. Certain words trigger reactions (bath = excited; choose a book = she picks up one of the ones I've lined up in front of her).
  • Options
    Yes, H started pointing like crazy a few weeks ago. He responds to simple things, like where's dad, monkey, cat, bunny, etc. he will sometimes respond to "come here," or, "give that to da da." Etc. he also hands us things he's not supposed to have. He doesn't say a lot of "words," but I'm trying not to let that bother me yet.

image   My chart 

• Options
    sammie's comprehension far exceeds her vocal/words..... I can say say please OR What do you say and she will sign please to both ... I can ask her to get a certain book and she will get it from the stack... its amazing to me.... after days like today though, I wish for the talking because she is soooo loud when she screams
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Depends on his mood.. he'll typically respond to things like Wave ByeBye, Blow Kisses, or How Big is Ben (arms above his head). Animal sounds are hit or miss, like sometimes I'll go "what does the birdie say?" And he'll respond with a high pitched "teet-teet-teet" (tweet) and other times any question I ask is answered with a "roar" or by just shaking his head no. Sometimes I'm just ignored completely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Generally DD can recognize common things like Jake and Cali (our dogs), dad, coat, baby, book, etc.

• Options
    I'll ask her to go get her bunny, cow, blanket, the book, or her cup and she will go get what ever it is I am asking for.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    N responds to mommy, daddy, grandpa, poppa, grandma, cat or kitty, up, clap, yay. 

There's more, just can't think of it now. If I say 'where's the...' He can almost always show me what it is I'm asking about. 
  • Options
    A understands a lot, far more than she can speak. For example if I say go get X toy she will get it. She can also find some animals in books, for example on a page with multiple animals I will say where's the monkey and she will point to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"