3rd Trimester
Options

Dilation, Effacement, and Black Friday

On Tuesday I was told to take it easy and stay off my feet because at 36w I am dilated to 2 and 75-80% effaced.
I have been doing that so far, at least as much as I can get used to, but today I was dragged to the mall for Black Friday and walked a LOT, with barely any sit-downs. 
Could this have any negative effects, like, should I take it extra EXTRA careful now because of today?

Re: Dilation, Effacement, and Black Friday

• Options
    Lol you were told to stay off your feet and you go shopping on the most busiest day of the year? Obviously it can put you in labor that would be why your dr told u stay off your feet because you are not full term yet.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could. Doctors give you instructions for a reason, just saying. /:)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    You should have taken it easy today, since you didn't listen then, why start now? Hope you enjoy your deals you got today.
  • Options
    Mondlicht said:
    On Tuesday I was told to take it easy and stay off my feet because at 36w I am dilated to 2 and 75-80% effaced.
    I have been doing that so far, at least as much as I can get used to, but today I was dragged to the mall for Black Friday and walked a LOT, with barely any sit-downs. 
    Could this have any negative effects, like, should I take it extra EXTRA careful now because of today?
    Dragged?

I sincerely hope that you don't have negative consequences. There could be some, yet again there might not be. Your OB's advice as it was given for a reason, part of which is that you're still weeks away from full term (39) and it's best for your little one to stay inside at this point. No sale is worth complications for you or the baby. What's done is done and just try to follow your OB's instructions from here on out.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I agree with u being so far along that was a little more then u should do,but if ur felling fine stay off ur feet and let ur love ones know ur done for now for the fact that u are so close to ur dd. But do call ur doc and let him know, don't beat ur self up. And I do belive walking can help along with ur progress but won't "cause" u to go into labor, but be careful!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LOL nothing, my right hand is healing from being broken, takes forever to type atm....LOL
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm 39 weeks, 100% effaced and 5cm, I walked my butt off on Black Friday! Still pregnant haha. Walking is good in general for pregnancy exercise. I'd say just relax now for sure because I know I was beat from that night (And my doctor has been telling me walk more and I'm further than you) Just being real.. Sometimes we don't always listen to our doctors, I think that's just apart of being a person(: if you feel ok your baby will too, if you stress then you'll put your baby under stress too. Be positive, and know you aren't the only prego person who did a workout that night(:

Wishing you and baby the best!!
  • Options
    You're 36 weeks, it's not like you're 32 so I think the zomg I can't believe you did that is quite dramatic. Could it have put you into labor? Maybe, but most likely not. If there was some sure fire way to put people into labor there wouldn't be a thing called induction.
    FTR, I was 2cm and 75% effaced at 30 weeks with my DS and didn't have him until 36 weeks. I had both my children at 36 weeks by going into early labor and both required no extra attention/nicu assistance etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I suppose you'll find out, but I really hope there are no complications.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Options
    I'm 39 weeks, 100% effaced and 5cm, I walked my butt off on Black Friday! Still pregnant haha. Walking is good in general for pregnancy exercise. I'd say just relax now for sure because I know I was beat from that night (And my doctor has been telling me walk more and I'm further than you) Just being real.. Sometimes we don't always listen to our doctors, I think that's just apart of being a person(: if you feel ok your baby will too, if you stress then you'll put your baby under stress too. Be positive, and know you aren't the only prego person who did a workout that night(: Wishing you and baby the best!!

Finally somebody who isn't yelling at me for it, lol

And thank you, everybody else who also didn't just yell at me. I don't know why he freaked, but honestly let him freak if he wants he has a great egyptian accent :)

• Options
    Meery82 said:
    jodyen said:
    I agree with u being so far along that was a little more then u should do,but if ur felling fine stay off ur feet and let ur love ones know ur done for now for the fact that u are so close to ur dd. But do call ur doc and let him know, don't beat ur self up. And I do belive walking can help along with ur progress but won't "cause" u to go into labor, but be careful!

What did the letters Y and O ever do to you?
    This post made my day, I screen shot it, xD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"