1st Trimester
Options

Constipation!

First pregnancy - how do I relieve this safely?! I'm miserable!!

Re: Constipation!

• Options
    Lots of fluid, eat lots of fiber and you can take Colace which helps soften your stools.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    water and eating fiber help a bit. I was feeling that way earlier in the week and drinking water and trying to walk around and such helped in moving things along.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the worst constipation when I was going through IVF (my U/S tech even would point out my bowels on the ultrasound because it was making it harder for her to see my left ovary).  One small cup of coffee a day and one 8oz glass of prune juice a day was my saving grace.  Obviously if you're cutting out caffeine then I'd stick to just prune juice and as others have said lots of fiber and water.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    I wonder if activia is good for us.. its supposed to keep you regular. I just started feeling constipated.

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Water, prune juice, green leafy salads
  • Options
    I'm a special snowflake since this has been an ongoing issue throughout my life.  I have incredibly slow motility and have to drink Miralax every day.  Then I just went 10 days without going and was prescribed (don't do this without your doc saying it's okay because these are stimulants and could potentially cause a miscarriage) Magnesium citrate and enemas until I had results, which took an additional three days.  I have to drink at least 3L of water per day and black coffee at least 2 times per day.  Nothing normal works for me.  Hope you feel better soon. If you get desperate you could try Milk of Magnesia of even magnesium tablets since they don't taste terrible.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @a_brasuell what does your normal diet look like?
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Penelope, Well without m/s I eat a super balanced diet.  I rarely eat out (honestly because there is no where to eat that isn't fast food).  Labs are all fabulous.  I have super low cholesterol though, which my doctor said can be as bad as high, but my mother is the same way.  He even told me to eat something greasy every now and then.  I drink my Visalus shake with the goat milk our neighbors sell us (we heat it up to kill everything).  Basically I have a strange form of IBS and redundant colon.  My mother and her father have the same problem so it's most likely genetic.  It's pretty controlled until I get pregnant and then everything goes south.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Interesting! Thanks for the reply.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"