Kansas Babies

Pregnant in Olathe

Hi Eceryone!
I was just wondering who all was pregnant in the Olathe area and when your due date is.
I'm due March 25th.
Anyone due around that time?

Re: Pregnant in Olathe

• I will be moving to Olathe area next month and am due April 12th. Where are you delivering and what OB's office do you use? I'm looking for recommendations. I'm thinking about Overland Park Regional Medical Center and the Women's Healthcare Group but I'd love to find something a little closer if possible.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• @samjen2010 I'm being seen by the Women's Health Care Group and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm seeing Jeane Ward, a CNM, and she's absolutely fabulous. Will be delivering at Shawnee Mission Birth Center though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, would not recommend Olathe Med Center based on various friend and family stories. Both my mother and MIL are RNs (my mom worked at Overland Park Regional) and have nothing good to say about Olathe Med. 
  • I've heard good things about that office and about Jeane Ward. Do you know anything about Olathe Medical Center? I was looking at Olathe Women's Center as a possibility for an OB office as well and that's one of the hospitals they deliver at.

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• Also, was there a reason you chose Shawnee Mission over Overland Park Regional? I'm just curious because based on where we will likely be living, there are about equal distance.

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• araecasey said:
    Also, would not recommend Olathe Med Center based on various friend and family stories. Both my mother and MIL are RNs (my mom worked at Overland Park Regional) and have nothing good to say about Olathe Med. 
    Eeek. Good to know. Thank you! That helps me cross them off the list.

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• We chose Shawnee Mission over OPR because our insurance company gives strong incentives to deliver at Shawnee Mission. Otherwise, we probably would have gone with OPR. Both facilities are newly renovated, but OPR is closer to us (we're all the way out in Blue Springs MO) and my mom knows the labor and delivery staff, so OPR would have been nice. Plus Jeane says that SMMC's epidural rate is 99%, so not very natural birth friendly according to her. But when I took a tour of SM's birth center, they had a lot of amenities conducive to natural birth like birthing stools, jetted tubs, push bars on the bed, different options for fetal monitoring. We're planning a natural birth, and I felt very comfortable there. Haven't seen OPR's new labor and delivery unit, so I don't know how it compares.
  • I live in OP!  I am due March 2nd!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Thanks@araecasey! That's very helpful!

D&C 12/12/12

imageimage

• You're welcome :-)
  • Don't think I ever answered the OP  :\"> Live way out in Blue Springs, due July 10th. You ladies have to come back here after you deliver and tell me about your hospital/birth center experiences!
  • I'm seeing Ana Martinez at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. I love her and the hospital just redid their ENTIRE birthing center! The rooms are incredibly nice!!
    I'm due March 25th. Sounds like there's a lot of us due round the same time.
  • I'm in Olathe and just had my baby in July at OPR and my OBGYN is thru KC Women's Health Clinic. I was very pleased with both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • edited March 2014
    Just had my baby at SMMC in February, and I can say nothing but good things about the hospital and staff! Very clean facility, friendly nurses and really want what's best for you and baby. My baby wouldn't latch, and my colostrum and milk never came either- they helped me not feel guilty about not being able to breast feed and helped me choose a quality formula. Would def go back to this hospital .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"