Secondary IF

Menopur questions

Hello ladies, how are you all doing today? I hope well. I dropped from 20 units of Lupron today down to 5 units. And I had the am dose of 1 vial of Menopur.

My belly is swollen. I have IBS and actually, the swelling feels a little similar to how that feels sometimes and my skin is tender... Blech.

I feel ok for the most part except for the fact that I am feeling incredibly cranky.... Do the stims make you cranky?

Anyone else have the belly swell from these?
M:36/DH:43
DD#1:16/DD#2:13
TTC: since 08/2012
IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

Re: Menopur questions

• Hmm. I don't think so? I didn't really have any side effects from the stims, I had the most side effects from the Lupron. Maybe it's just because you have IBS, so you're more sensitive to things in general, you know? 

Lupron made me super moody, now I seem to be having a lot of side effects from the progesterone too- very tired, sore boobs, moody, etc. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't really have any side effects from the menopur either and I took 3 vials the whole time, every morning.  I just seemed more tired.  Like @ Mrs Castillo said maybe since you have IBS you are feeling different effects and/or people all react differently.  I haven't done lupron yet, but I didn't really swell as much just started bruising. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm, guess I will wait and see. I have a pretty sensitive digestive system. Sometimes I can eat or drink the wrong thing and I swell to the point it feels like my belly will burst. I just have to let it settle down usually. Red wine can do it or too much spice in my food :) course I didn't eat much today because I felt kind of nauseaus earlier.

Anyway, thank you guys for letting me know your experiences.
    M:36/DH:43
    DD#1:16/DD#2:13
    TTC: since 08/2012
    IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
    IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
    Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"