December 2013 Moms
Options

Trying to stay positive, but,....

My LO was born 9/10 (27w2d) and has been doing well. She was in our level III NICU for 7 1/2 weeks and has been in the SCN for 4 weeks. She has checked off every item necessary to go home EXCEPT for one. She has to be brady free for 5 days. This has been the only thing keeping her here for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm really trying to stay positive but I'm getting super depressed every time we leave WITHOUT her. I've kept a positive attitude throughout this journey (from getting hospitalized at 24 weeks, emergency c-section at 27 weeks, having to go home after every visit without our baby, etc) but I'm feeling super defeated. She can't seem to go longer than 48 hours. Just needed to share. I know that she'll eventually go home- it's just depressing seeing the weeks tick away and our nursery is still empty!!

Re: Trying to stay positive, but,....

• Options
    Sending you both so many positive vibes. Hugs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through this with my DS... Took us 4 weeks to make those 5 days. Stay positive and know that pretty much every baby has "brady's" but only NICU babies are connected to monitors 24/7... She will overcome them and you will be home as a family soon and will thrive!!
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you, fingers crossed you will get to bring her home soon.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I know it's hard to stay positive in such situations. She will come home though, and better to be safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope things go right so she can go home with you soon :(

• Options
    So sorry! I know how hard it is, we went through something similar with DS. He was born 32 weeks and was in the NICU 4 weeks. I know your LO was there much longer and I can't imagine. My son was having apnic episodes as well and even stopped breathing on me while I was feeding him. It's terrifying! I know you want her home, as did I with my son, but I was so scared he would stop breathing on me if I bought him home. He finally, after 2 weeks of bradys, was cleared to come home. . and I asked them to keep him one more night! I was so scared. Keep your head up and try to rest. I know so easier said than done. I bought a movement monitor to ease my mind even though the docs told me not to get one. Just remember the angel care monitor has been recalled. Hope your LO comes home soon. *Hugs*
  • Options
    Sending hugs your way. I can't imagine how hard this is but hopefully soon you'll be able to take you LO home and enjoy baby snuggles in your own home.
  • Options
    I don't have any words of advice, but I think it's really admirable you've been able to stay positive for so long. Don't feel bad if you're starting to feel a bit defeated, that's natural! Hopefully you're able to take her home soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"