December 2013 Moms
Options

Post pregnancy swelling!

I'm on day 5 with my LO.. My feet are WAY more swollen than during pregnant, I can barely walk and even pressure is being put on my toes! Hard to keep them up with a newborn. Normal? I keep asking the nurses at the hospital no one seems concerned.. I AM!

Re: Post pregnancy swelling!

• Options
    Yes, I had crazy foot swelling after DD was born....the day we went home my feet swelled up like boats. It was from all the IV fluids. Very normal and should go down in a couple days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. My legs looked like tree trunks! It's from all the iv fluids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, my feet were burritos from the IV fluids/c-section. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup me too. I asked Dr and he said it is from body getting rid of fluids from IV and pregnancy. Im 9 days out and it is better now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was more swollen after than before. I can definitely tell in the pictures :/. It took about a week for it to go down.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    I was already massively swollen and its stayed the same, they said it will take a good few days to start going back down
  • Options
    My legs are about twice their normal size. Nurses and drs say it's normal and that it can take up to 2 weeks to get back to normal. It's pretty heinous.
  • Options
    Same here, think it's pretty normal! I'm a week post-delivery and fingers are still too swollen to wear my wedding rings, but I think it gets a little better each day.
    47a2d904b3127cce98548947cda500000030100AbsWLJi3bsWOA 

• Options
    Mine took about 10 days to go down. It was so uncomfortable, and was giving me headaches as it raised my BP. I now have small ankles again - thankfully! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"