Stay at Home Moms

I just want to vent for a second.

I know a lot of people have to work tomorrow.  My mom and my husband both work for the state and they both have to work.  I get that.  I know there are a lot of other people, grocery stores, retail, and a million other jobs that have to work.  I babysit a little boy and I talked to his mom tonight.  She wanted to let me know that I don't have to watch him tomorrow because her husband has off.  She has to work a regular day (lately, 6a-7p, 5 days a week).  She's 13 weeks pregnant and they already have 8 people living in their house.  Can't she have 1 freaking day to enjoy her morning sickness and her 4 year old?!?!  And she works at an egg sorting facility for crying out loud.  It just makes me mad.  Vent over.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I just want to vent for a second.

• Yeah, my DH sighed and said you'd think making pipes (pipeline) could halt for 1 holiday.  He's working a 13 hr shift tomorrow too.  I'm going to load his plate first I think so he'll have lots of food when he gets home.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH took a day of vacation missing out on triple time pay (will get straight pay for vacation instead).  Thankfully Friday is holiday pay too and he'll work that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Arnegard said:
    DH took a day of vacation missing out on triple time pay (will get straight pay for vacation instead).  Thankfully Friday is holiday pay too and he'll work that.

Yeah, DH gets triple pay too.  I asked if he just wanted to call in or switch shifts with someone, but he chose to go for the cash. :) They have some point system too and he didn't want a point for calling in.  If it were me, I'd have picked the turkey!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • zbeesma86zbeesma86 member
    edited November 2013
    DH is working today too. :(
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited November 2013

DH and the IL's are working today even though it's listed as a company holiday...  At regular pay...  Not because they want to, but because (my words) the corporate schmucks can't figure out that "make work" projects along with a new computer system that none of them are trained in is needed ready to go last week and not allowing them to hire more help mean no time off for any of them (I got a 4-day weekend in October with DH, but hasn't had a day off since months before that).. 

And yes, NON-essential job!  There's NO reason the business needed to be open today, but with the corporate rules, they can't say a word - IMO same for Christmas Day!  Really, there's a point when "enough is enough!" and I think the country is starting to hit that point as a whole...  I realize there are businesses that essentially become essential to be open partially today (i.e. gas stations, some restaurants, grocery store, etc.), but no, I don't need anything from the big box office store on Thanksgiving!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"