1st Trimester
Options

Beta levels

Hi,
I'm pregnant again after two miscarriages, and I'm concerned about my rapidly rising HCG levels.  My doctor said it could be twins or possibly a molar pregnancy, but not to worry about that yet. 

Here are my levels:
3w6d:  192
4w1d:  410
5w1d:  9073

Do you think my levels are concerning??  Is there a way to tell the difference between twins and a molar pregnancy, just by HCG levels?

If anyone has any advice or input, I'd appreciate it very much!

Re: Beta levels

• Options
    Betas aren't any sort of reliable indicator of twins and your betas are doubling at an appropriate rate, about every 37 hrs which is good. Honestly I don't see anything to worry about here. Looks like you have a good sticky pregnancy which is something to be thankful for after 2 miscarriages!

Unfortunately you are just going to have to wait until the first ultrasound to see what you have, but having spent way too much time personally obsessing over betas, I don't see a problem here.

Good luck!

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    Thanks!  I had read that betas shouldn't double as quickly when they get into the thousands, so I thought maybe mine were increasing too rapidly.  But yeah, I guess there's no point in worrying.  I'll find out next Tuesday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your betas are not increasing at an unusual rate at all. I'm surprised your doctor would suggest twins (hcg is not a reliable indicator of multiples) or molar pregnancy to you based on this.

Scroll down and have a look at the chart. You're in the normal range:
    https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks spacepotatoes.  It looks like I'm a little higher than the range for 5w1d.  But not by much.  So, hopefully that means one healthy pregnancy!
  • Options

bjoo79 said:
    Thanks spacepotatoes.  It looks like I'm a little higher than the range for 5w1d.  But not by much.  So, hopefully that means one healthy pregnancy!
    Yeah, your levels seem to be a day ahead according to that chart but I really don't think a day makes a huge difference since your numbers are increasing at the appropriate rate. Seems like things are fine so far!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"