October 2012 Moms
Options

Right now, in my house....

.... I am in the office working from home, which I do on Wednesdays because traffic is TERRIBLE.  R is at daycare.  My FIL is upstairs painting our master bedroom for us and my MIL is in the kitchen cleaning.  They are staying here for a week and I LOVE FIL painting the bedroom (he offered) but MIL is getting on my nerves.  I'm trying to take it for what it is which is a free thorough cleaning but I all it is to me is a comment on my housekeeping.  Let's be clear: the house was quite clean.  I would have no problems having company over how it is right now... but she's a clean freak and is like going to town.  

Would you be irritated or pleased?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Right now, in my house....

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    edited November 2013
    It makes me irrationally stabby when people clean my house. I take it as a personal offense. But I am a bit nuts about it (or so I have been told).

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Your house is brand-spanking new so how dirty could it possibly be? It's irritating, but just let her do her thing, and shrug your shoulders when she comments about your housekeeping. I wear the poor housekeeping badge proudly around my house! My girls are my priority, and if there's dishes in the sink and crumbs on the floor, so be it! Can you hide out awhile? Maybe a little time apart would do wonders.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your house is brand-spanking new so how dirty could it possibly be? It's irritating, but just let her do her thing, and shrug your shoulders when she comments about your housekeeping. I wear the poor housekeeping badge proudly around my house! My girls are my priority, and if there's dishes in the sink and crumbs on the floor, so be it! Can you hide out awhile? Maybe a little time apart would do wonders.
    Yup, exactly... half the stuff she's cleaning looks the same after.  Her biggest gripe is the flucking fingerprints on the stainless steal fridge... in fact she's added stainless cleaning wipes to our shopping list for the store today.  I'm like- are you shitting me? Have you met your grandson b/c he's a walking fingerprint machine.

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options

Haaaahahah!! She would crap her pants if she saw my stainless fridge right now! :D I love seeing those sticky little finger prints, though!

• Options
    RVASC811 said:
    Also my MIL would be throwing a fit wanting me to get the kid from daycare, bc she can't stand to be away from her for 5 freaking seconds.
    Yea part of the reason I'm letting her clean is b/c she kinda asked if he could stay home, but I KNOW she'd be in here every two minutes because she doesn't know what to do if he gets fussy so I said no.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Part of me would love someone else to clean and the other part would be hella annoyed. Isn't your house brand new though? In that case I would love it but my house is 100 years old and dusty!!!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Could you send her over to my house when she's done? We're just down the 5 a bit...

Seriously. My MIL has never cleaned a thing in her life (she's a dirty, disgusting mess but that's a separate post), so if I had one that actually cleaned, I would be all over that!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    Could you send her over to my house when she's done? We're just down the 5 a bit...
    Bahahaha, sure!  

So seriously guys, she finally went upstairs to shower and after cleaning for like 3 hrs straight this morning I almost can't tell the difference.  

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    My MIL came over and cleaned like crazy two nights before I had B. And whenever she babysits here she cleans. I get kind of irritated because I feel like its her way of telling me I'm not doing a good enough job. But I just let it go. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"