"modern" natural birthing books? — The Bump
Natural Birth

"modern" natural birthing books?

I am looking to read something a little more up-to-date on natural birthing methods, i.e., something written this millennium? Also, I'm more interested in active methods to for pain relief as last time I was unable to sit still and focus on relaxing. Any suggestions?

Re: "modern" natural birthing books?

• I liked Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering, the author is an MD whose had 4 natural births, and she goes in-depth about the natural stages of labor and how different interventions interfere with the bodies natural birth process.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Nancy1250
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe check out Birthing from within? I meant to read it but never got around to it when pregnant. It may be what you are looking for. 
    As for positions/movement maybe check out Bradley. I took the class and they go over a lot of positions/movement to ease pain during contractions. One of the positions that I like initially was standing, leaning forward slightly on my H/wall and swaying my hips with the contraction. The swaying movement helped me.  GL!

• I liked Birthing from Within as well.  I was going to get Ina May Gaskin's book but flipping through it, it seemed like mostly birth stories...is that true? 
    Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards