Late Term and Child Loss

Really not looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow

I thought I'd be okay with it, but now I'm filling up with a sense of dread. I just keep imagining trying to feel "normal" with all my in-laws and them sitting there feeling sorry for me. They are nice and not stressful, but I just want to blend into the background and I can't with DD there always needing me. 

I asked DH how he was feeling, then he made some jab about antagonizing him. Apparently he thought I was insinuating that he wasn't "missing her enough" which I wasn't, but he's processing things as well.  It was a big misunderstanding, but we got into a huge weepy disagreement and now I really, really hate the idea of going even more. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really not looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow

• Hugs to you. Holidays are so tough. I can totally relate to this same thing with my husband. We are here for you.
  • Sending thoughts and hugs your way! Tomorrow is going to be hard. The only thing that is getting me through it is knowing that my angel is enjoying her Thanksgiving in Heaven. There is no better place than that. I also know that she knows that I will only celeabrate the Holidays for her, not for me or anyone else. If that makes any sense. I am bad at putting things into words.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • **sig warning**

I never understood why people said the holidays were a hard time of year. I never understood how it couldn't just make people happy...until last year. The holidays are so miserable when you're sad. DH and I skipped thanksgiving and Christmas last year. It physically hurt my heart to think about celebrating without my Jillian. This year we're going to try, but don't pressure yourself. If it's too hard for you right now don't go. Do whatever you need to do to protect your heart. If you decide to go, I wish you a peaceful day.

Jillian Rose- born 8/26/12 at 24 weeks. "It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for a part of me went with you, the day God took you home"
    I love you always, my beautiful girl.

Hysteroscopy 3/1/13 Dx: Unicornuate uterus

|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation TrackeMy Ovulation Chart

BFP 3/18/13- Please be our Rainbow, we love you so much already.

6/4/13-Found out we're having a BOY!!

10/30/13-He's here!! Happy Birthday, Ryan! We love you so much! xo

Lilypie - (Bfmg)

• Ticker warning

Are you able to stay home?  You're still so fresh from your loss....at barely two months I still wasn't even fond of leaving the house if I absolutely didn't have to.  My niece's 4th birthday party was on the one month annviersary of our loss and I just couldn't force myself to be around happy people celebrating children's birthdays, when I'll never get to celebrate my daughter's.  Everyone said they missed us, but they understood.  Big hugs to you.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• ***SIGGY***

Like pp said, I never really understood just how sad the holidays could truly be until we had to get through our first set of holidays without Devon. I was a mess. I barely remember Thanksgiving last year because it was such a blur; I remember sitting on my parents' couch and bawling my eyes out for almost 20 minutes because it sucked to be at that point without my baby. Christmas was better, but it was still hard.

I'm so sorry that you have to face the holidays without your baby; I'm sorry all of us have to face the holidays without our babies. It totally blows. **HUGS**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Tomorrow will be hard, I agree. I am avoiding my in laws for that very reason. I would think people would understand if you weren't there?

My DH and I were having similar issues - I felt like he wasn't sad enough and he felt like I was too sad. It wasn't until we sat down with our therapist and she helped us talk through it, and explained that everyone grieves differently, and that what we were each feeling was totally normal. The best thing for our relationship was to accept that we were grieving differently and that that was okay. It's not easy, I know. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • CRUN2012CRUN2012 member
    edited November 2013
    I hear you. I have heard that the anticipation is often worse than the day itself so I'm hoping that its true. This year I am bringing the scrapbook I made of Carter's pictures so there will be an excuse for everyone to address the big elephant in the room. I think it will help me to talk about him tomorrow too. I keep thinking 'well even if I was supposed to still be pregnant I would want to talk about the baby so why not now too'. I guess it just helps me feel like I have more control over my emotions...which I know can be false. I am praying for all of us tomorrow and hope we are able to at least somewhat enjoy ourselves. Hugs♡♥
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• I'm so sorry. I totally understand, though you wouldn't think so because we are the ones hosting this year. We are a small gathering, just my mom and dh, 2 of my brothers and a girlfriend. If we don't host, no one else ever does. I guess we did it to feel 'normal', but now i'm regretting it, as I knew we would.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• mingaling2mingaling2 member
    edited November 2013
    @lolee465  

I wish I could skip it, but it would be horrible for DH to not be with his family. This is his favorite holiday and he's looking forward to it. I am just going to have to go and maybe find a quiet place to sit or take a walk if I need a break. Ughhhh.

EDD 12/24/15

• @stefuge  I hope to get him to some sessions with me soon.

EDD 12/24/15

• I hear ya! I am not looking forward to it at all! We won't be doing anything for the holidays this year which will be tough but probably better for us to not have to be around my 6 nieces and nephews. Big hugs to you and everyone as we approach tomorrow.
  • I'm so sorry you feel that way, its all so fresh.holidays are supposed to be the happiest times but they are not when you are a grieving parent, its almost like you have to put on a plastic smile for the family, when you really are dying inside. I told dh not to be upset if I head up to my room for a while to cry. Holidays are so hard to deal with right now along with everything else. I will be praying for all of us!
  • It was fine. I got to escape every once in a while and get some fresh air. I cried a little outside and my MIL was super sweet and it was good. 

The worst part was neither my sister or mom called me to see how I was doing. 

EDD 12/24/15

• I'm glad the day went okay, although I'm really sorry you didn't hear from your sister or mom. It's hard to understand why people do (or don't do) what they do. My sister almost never calls, texts, asks how I am doing. It is so upsetting, and I haven't worked up the courage to talk to her about it yet, but I just don't understand how she just acts like it didn't happen, or how she thinks avoiding me is better. So sorry. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"