Baby Names
Options

Nicknames for Natalie

DH & I are expecting a baby girl in February and Natalie is pretty high on our list of possible names. We intend to call her by her full name, but our family is big on nicknames and we can't stand "Nat" or "Natty". What other nicknames have you heard for Natalie?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nicknames for Natalie

• Options
    Honestly, I have known 3 Natalie's and all were called Nat/Nats/Natty. It's cute and it grows on you. Nat and Natty are the only obvious nicknames... the others seem like you are just trying to hard. Allie, Tally, and Lee just don't work for me and seem like a stretch. 

Just call her Natalie. It's a great name and people will eventually affectionately call her Nat or Natty. It's spunky and sweet. If you absolutely can't stand these options then find another name or insist on no nicknames. Just expect when she is in middle school she will go through that identity phase and instruct everyone to call her Nat. :) 
  • Options
    My friend Natalie's NN is Nollie. It's different for sure.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mean_girls_35345
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only know two Natalie's and one doesn't have a NN, they just call her by her full name and the other one is Nat Nat. When your DD starts going to school, I'm pretty sure her friends will end up giving her the nn "Nat" anyway, so you may be stuck with that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, I have known 3 Natalie's and all were called Nat/Nats/Natty. It's cute and it grows on you. Nat and Natty are the only obvious nicknames... the others seem like you are just trying to hard. Allie, Tally, and Lee just don't work for me and seem like a stretch. 

Just call her Natalie. It's a great name and people will eventually affectionately call her Nat or Natty. It's spunky and sweet. If you absolutely can't stand these options then find another name or insist on no nicknames. Just expect when she is in middle school she will go through that identity phase and instruct everyone to call her Nat. :) 
    I agree with this.  Nat is what I called my BF in high school.  I love Natalie and Nat/Natty wouldn't deter me from using it.  The others just seem forced.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ellie? Or Allie?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's DD's name.  She goes by Natalie.

I was adamant that I did not like any nicknames that were associated with the name.  I've found myself saying "Nata" when I'm calling her, though.  DH will sometimes say "Nat."  I hated Nat but once it's attached to a cute little face, it ends up being adorable ;)

Great name choice!
    BFP #1 - January 2010...m/c at 12 weeks 
    BFP #2 - December 2011, little lady #1 born August 2012
    BFP #3 - August 2013....m/c at 5 weeks 
    BFP #4 - October 2013....little lady #2 born June 2014

• Options
    I like Natalie but I know where you are coming from. My family shortens everything to its first syllable but I personally love it and we will name our children with this in mind.

I think Nat is nice as is Lee. But if you just keep calling her Natalie hopefully it will catch on.
    Anniversary
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Thanks for your responses! A few friends have suggested Tally as a nickname based on Natalies that they have known, but I wasn't sure if that was a real nickname or not. I only know one Natalie and she goes by her full name so I don't have much experience of my own. I appreciate you all sharing your thoughts!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nat or Tallie

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I have a Natalie who goes by her full name. We also call her nana, nanny, or nat nat. Other nn options include Tali, or you could use Natasha (nickname for Natalia) or Sasha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"