July 2012 Moms
Options

Yet another walking question

So it's been about 2 weeks since DS's first steps, and every day he walks a little more. He can make it all the way down the hallway or across a room, and often stands up by himself and just heads off (so I'm not prompting him all the time). But when he wants to get somewhere fast, he crawls. How long after your LO's first steps were they exclusively walking as their main way of getting places?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Yet another walking question

• Options
    Kellen transitioned pretty quickly, but we helped him along a lot. For about a week or 2 after he started walking we would grab his hand and pull him back up saying "Stand up. Walk" every time he decided to crawl. Do t know if this helped, but it only took him about 2, maybe 3 weeks to ditch crawling all together

• Options
    It took Bryson about 3 weeks, but like @lewispm, I tried to get him to to do it instead of letting him just go on crawling.  I was going out of town and wanted his first real walking revelation to be with me and not my MIL. :)
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD still preferred to crawl for about a month after she took her first steps.  She could only get herself to standing by pulling up on the furniture.  Once she learned how to get back up without any help, that really got her walking more :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"