Late Term and Child Loss

Infant Loss at 37 Weeks

Two weeks ago at almost 37 weeks I was home and started massively bleeding. I did IVF to get pregnant and have had a perfect pregnancy with no problems.  My husband got me to the ER in 10 minutes (not the best hospital but the closest).  There is no doctor there so after an hour I had an emergency csection.  My baby was recessitated at birth and we were all transferred to an amazing hospital (where I was suppose to deliver).  After two days on life support my little man died.  He had too much damage from the lack of oxygen and blood.  Originally I was told it was probably a placenta abruption.  Now my OB said the Dr who did the csection told her the problem was his cord detached from the placenta (was never attached properly, instead of in the placenta it was attached to the outside membranes).  I am so heartbroked, sad, and angry. I went for Level II ultrasounds because of the IVF and feel like this should have been looked for.  Everything I read online says that the problem should be picked up, we would be closely watched, and I would have an early csection at 35 weeks.

I dont know if Im just looking for someone to blame but I feel like this could of been prevented and my sweet baby boy should be with me now.  I believe they call it velamentous cord insertion.  I go for a cosult with the high risk doctor (who did my ultrasounds) in two weeks to discuss what they think happened.

Anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice? I feel like I am never going to get through this :(  I miss my baby.

Re: Infant Loss at 37 Weeks

• I am truly so sorry for the loss of your baby. I don't have any advice, I am just sending you lots of love and hugs. 
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hugs to you. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy. It always breaks by heart to have to welcome new moms here but please know that you have come to a supportive place filled with those who understand. You are not alone.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.
  • I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious son.  I don't have any insight or advice to offer about your specific situation, but I just wanted to send you ((((hugs)))) and lots of T&P.  I hate that you find yourself here, but hope that this board can be a support to you.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• ***Siggy warning***

I wanted to add in my ((hugs)) and support. I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. I hope they are able to give you answers, though answers never take the pain away. Sending you lots of T&Ps. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• so sorry for the loss of your son.  ((HUGS))

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm am so so sorry for your loss. I can't offer any advice but I can tell you that you will get through this...as hard as it is. And please know that we are all here to help in any way we can.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• I don't have any advice sweetie but I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy. Hugs
    imageimageimageimageimage 

• I am so so sorry for the loss if your sweet baby boy.

We also conceived through IVF and had no complications during the pregnancy. We lost Jesse due to premature rupture of membranes/uterine infection. He died because there was no water left and he was just too small to survive.

when he was born we saw that he also had a velamentous cord insertion. It was never seen on any of my ultrasounds. My dr (ob and MFM) said that it can cause problems during delivery and depending in the location of the cord, can necessitate an early section. Since it is so rare, the chances of it happening again are low.

I don't have much more information, but I hope your Dr can give you some answers.

I will be thinking of you, and sending peace and comfort your way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice, just wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your little boy and that you are welcome here whenever you need us.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby boy. I don't have any advice. We all lost our babies on this board and although the situations may be different, we understand your pain and heartache. We're here for you. Hugs.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious son.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • ****siggy warning****

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. We always hate to welcome new moms to the board, but I hope you find some comfort from other ladies who've gone through the loss of an infant. It's a club no one wants to belong to, but we're here for you if you need us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• ~~Siggy Warning~~

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy.  My situation isn't similar, but I want you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ticker warning

No advice, but I wanted to welcome you and say how sorry I am for the loss of your precious son.  I remember all too well the feeling that I would never feel better.  It's hard to see now, and it's a long road, but I'm 8 months out and it does get better.  We'll never stop missing our babies, and it's not something you get over....I still have many days where I burst into tears, but there are better days in your future.  But for now, it is ok to not be ok.  Please use this board as often or as little as you like, big hugs to you.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• ***SIGGY WARNING***

I have no advice or experience with that, but I am so sorry for your loss. This will be a very long, very hard road to travel, but we are here for you. **HUGS**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss, we are here for you whenever you need us.

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage