2nd Trimester
Options

Shower

Is it "weird" if I plan my own baby shower? Also, usually when are baby showers done? 
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shower

• Options
    lolasmit said:

Is it "weird" if I plan my own baby shower? Also, usually when are baby showers done? 

If by "plan" you mean you will throw or host your own shower then yes. It is definitely considered tacky and bad etiquette to throw a shower for yourself. If you have a friend who has offered to throw one for you, it would be her responsibility as hostess to plan and organize things.

Showers are often thrown in late 2nd trimester or early 3rd.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    If by "plan" you mean you will throw or host your own shower then yes. It is definitely considered tacky and bad etiquette to throw a shower for yourself. If you have a friend who has offered to throw one for you, it would be her responsibility as hostess to plan and organize things. Showers are often thrown in late 2nd trimester or early 3rd.

Agreed.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Showers are gift-giving events, held solely to "shower" the MTB with presents, so throwing yourself a shower (essentially asking all your friends to buy you stuff) is tacky/wrong/greedy. Just say no. And remember that a shower is considered a gift in and of itself; someone may decide to give you one, and if not, life goes on.
  • Options
    That's exactly what I thought that it's not for me to throw it but my friend say she wants to throw me one but that she cannot do it all by herself. So she wants me to help her plan it, but I am not sure if I should or not. She says she wants to do it in January or February, but she wants ME to help her. 
  • Options
    i think you can help her under cover but still have her be the hostess

my cousin wants to throw my shower but i will most likely offer to pay for the whole thing because i don't want her to bear the burden of the party cost.  as far as the planning we haven't gotten that far into the decision making.  if anything maybe i will get to choose venue?

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like your friend wants to show you how much she loves and supports you, but throwing a shower is a burden, in time and/or money, that she can't take on.  Instead of allowing her to overextend herself, or finding yourself on the hook for time and money you could frankly just be spending buying baby stuff yourself, why not say something like, "It's so nice of you to offer to cohost a shower, and if anyone else offers, I'd love to put you two in touch.  And if not, let's just do a girl's night out before the baby comes.  Your support and spending time with you is what matters most to me."  
  • Options
    Thanks, that does make sense. I felt the same way but wasn't sure where to draw the line with the planning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"