Late Term and Child Loss

Feeling broken (pregnancy mentioned)

Don't even know where to start... I went for a what I thought was going to be an 8 week sonogram. The technician didn't tell me anything except I'm going to send this to your doctor and write immediate review so you get a call ASAP! That statement put me in a state of anxiety. I asked my fiancé if he was able to see the screen, and what did he see? He said he wasn't sure what he was looking at or looking for. But he didn't see much except the technician writing "yolk".

Turns out, when the doctor called, they can't see a baby or a heartbeat. They only saw a yolk and an empty sac. He said there is nothing much left to offer to check for a baby besides another HCG test to check my levels. He then offered a D&C. I quickly responded I'm not ready to give up and jump into doing a D&C, let's do the blood test and see. We will get the HCG results tomorrow! So I'm trying to patiently, confidently wait for the results. But I don't know how likely it is that this is a healthy pregnancy.

I wasn't prepared for this, I didn't think about how I would feel if we lost another child. I even told my fiancé "if the worst happens, I don't think I want to try for another pregnancy for a while, I need more recovery time".

Sorry for the long post, but I am curious, has anyone else dealt with this and turned out there was a baby, and went full term with a healthy baby in the end? Can everyone pray for us! And share your sweet words. I could really use some encouragement and confidence.

Re: Feeling broken (pregnancy mentioned)

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please keep us posted on your results. No matter what happens, remember that you are strong and can make it through anything! You've already proven that. Sending lots of love and hugs your way. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Praying all goes well for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry Hun and I am praying that everything works out for you sweetie. Keeps us posted and like PP stated you are strong dear.
    imageimageimageimageimage 

• Sending prayers your way!!
  • So sorry. Sending lots of prayers. Keep us posted!
  • jess123456jess123456 member
    edited November 2013
    I am so sorry. Sending prayers your way. I know all too well how the waiting feels. I know they go by your last menstrual period but if you possibly ovulate later or implanted later it can be off by a bit. Waiting it out just a little bit longer could help indicate better what is going on and the HCG levels could help too. It is so so hard and like others have said I am praying that things work out for you.
  • Praying for you.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ***Siggy warning***

Praying for you!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• ((((HUGS))))) and prayers coming your way.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Ticker warning

I'm so sorry you're going through this.  We had an early loss the year before we lost Kayla, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to go through this after.  I agree with PP, maybe you ovulated a little late and maybe your dates are off.  I think it is a good idea to wait a bit and see what happens.  It's not the same at all, but with this pregnancy I had a huge gush of bleeding at 5 weeks, I thought for sure it was over.  I went in for my third betas and while they did rise, the doctor said they were at the low end of normal, but things progressed well from there.  Praying for good news for you!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• ***SIGGY***

I don't have any advice [except maybe to post this on the PgAL board as well, since some ladies over there may have more insight], but I'm hoping for the best for you. **HUGS**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. Is it possible the dating is off? Sending lots of love your way!
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Sending prayers!

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Definitely sending thoughts and prayers your way!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• Prayers and ((hugs)). We are here for you, whatever the test results.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Praying for you. Hugs.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Thinking of you!!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Praying for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"