March 2013 Moms

Major mommy meltdown!

I feel like the worst mom ever right now! It's 3am and I have just been starring at the monitor while LO screams her head off.

I only have been in to check in her twice. I fed her and changed her, so I know she is just being fussy n not tired.

I normally ALWAYS comfort her , but I'm so frustrated with her getting up so much at night this past month, I don't care!

I know it's awful, but I genuinely feel angry, and no it's best for me to not deal with her, and I'm hoping she will learn to just go to sleep!

I'm soooooo over getting up so much at night. I know she's a teething, little babe, but I just can't take it! I want sleep!

DH offered to go rock her, but I just want her to go to sleep! I told him to leave her.

I don't know why I feel so angry with her!

Huge middle of the night rant! I know I sound horrible, but this has got to end!

She will never STTN again! I just know it.
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Major mommy meltdown!

• My DD was like this when she had a stuffy nose last week. I would put her in the wrap (Baby K'Tan in my case) then get myself as comfy as possible and sleep part of the night in the rocker. Just accepting that it's a phase or finding a work around really helped me get through it. Good Luck! I hope it gets better Mama!
  • So sorry to hear this.  My DS has definitely had a few nights where he just won't go back to sleep.  I have put him back in his bed a few times and just walked out to give myself some sanity.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Sleep deprivation really gives you a shorter fuse than normal.  So being angry to hard to avoid when you are so tired.  It will get better, but hang in there until that happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are that angry and frustrated with her it's better that you just walk away. It's better to let her be fussy on her own for a bit
  • I went through the exact same thing!

our ped advised we just bite the bullet and she would have to cio. we're talking, dd would be up 6-7x a night/ I wanted to kill her, me, hubby, mailman, etc. so we just really resolved ourselves one night and did it.. surprisingly she didn't cry as long as I thought the first night.  woke only 3-4 times and cried about 10-15 mins each time and managed to put herself back to sleep. it took about 3 days for her to sttn. On average now she goes down at 7 and wakes up around 6 

the 3 days we sleep trained were hard... but believe me - getting up a million times a night is so much harder and now my baby girl gets a full nights rest and so do we for the most part. Right now she's in a leap so its messed up a little bit... she got up once last night and around 5am a couple of times this week. i'll still take it over the past few months!

Good luck

• I went through the exact same thing!

our ped advised we just bite the bullet and she would have to cio. we're talking, dd would be up 6-7x a night/ I wanted to kill her, me, hubby, mailman, etc. so we just really resolved ourselves one night and did it.. surprisingly she didn't cry as long as I thought the first night.  woke only 3-4 times and cried about 10-15 mins each time and managed to put herself back to sleep. it took about 3 days for her to sttn. On average now she goes down at 7 and wakes up around 6 

the 3 days we sleep trained were hard... but believe me - getting up a million times a night is so much harder and now my baby girl gets a full nights rest and so do we for the most part. Right now she's in a leap so its messed up a little bit... she got up once last night and around 5am a couple of times this week. i'll still take it over the past few months!

Good luck

So when lo would cry in the night did you not go in at all? I'm about to lose my mind. My lo was sleeping awesome and only woke once after 6-8 hours....now we are up 7-10 times. I tried to let him cry last night and I did until he got hysterical then i went in. A couple times I was able to just put my hand on him and other times I had to rock him to get him to calm down. I hate seeing him cry but when he is up so much we have horrible days too.
  • I'm sorry you were feeling so frustrated. I've been there too, I have shut myself in the bathroom a time or two just to take a little breather. Hope last night was better!
  • exactly. So we would just let her cio. my ped said that every time she sees us it does the opposite of what we want - which riles her up even more because we would go in and then leave making her more upset. it wasat the point that she needed us to fall asleep period  she had become dependant on us to fall asleep, even between sleep cycles.

anyways. its tough to do the first time but is best thing we ever did for her. She sleeps through the night with no problem now. she doesn't see us from 7pm - 6am unless she really escalates which has really only happened once. I know it seems cruel and its sooooo painful as a parent but its very worth it in the long run. I was at my wits end and was ready to put my dd in the hallway and lock the door.  developmentally theyre at an age where it wont be damaging. let me know what you decide and how it goes! good luck

• You're not a bad mom. If you are then I am too. There has been times I have been so frustrated and angry at DD that I just have to put her down in her crib and go to my room and breath or give her to DH and remove myself from the scene. I've held the pillow and screamed really hard too. I love her to death but she does drive me crazy at times and I hate that I can't always have the patience I'd like to have but I like to think it's normal. Sleep deprivation is so freaking hard. I used to be able to pull all nighters in college all the time but it's so hard now when you get such fragmented sleep and have no break. Hang in there momma. I hope things get better...
  • exactly. So we would just let her cio. my ped said that every time she sees us it does the opposite of what we want - which riles her up even more because we would go in and then leave making her more upset. it wasat the point that she needed us to fall asleep period  she had become dependant on us to fall asleep, even between sleep cycles.

anyways. its tough to do the first time but is best thing we ever did for her. She sleeps through the night with no problem now. she doesn't see us from 7pm - 6am unless she really escalates which has really only happened once. I know it seems cruel and its sooooo painful as a parent but its very worth it in the long run. I was at my wits end and was ready to put my dd in the hallway and lock the door.  developmentally theyre at an age where it wont be damaging. let me know what you decide and how it goes! good luck

This for us too! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're not a bad mommy for having a meltdown.  They happen.  You will live through it and so will LO.  One thing that helps me is letting DH know when I just absolutely can't take it (and vice versa).  Think of yourselves as a wrestling tag team - when one of you is absolutely exhausted and can't do anymore tag the other in and you leave the ring.  LO could be going through a fussy phase, teething could be the issue, whatever.  If LO needs to be comforted and you can't do it let DH.  And if you're into CIO go for it but make sure you're both on the same page - you don't want to wind up like that episode of Modern Family where Cam was bawling his eyes out while Lily cried because Mitchell was adamant about letting her CIO.  Good luck.  Take some deep breaths.  Get yourself a yummy latte.  Give LO a kiss and a hug - he/she won't remember having screamed all night.
  • Crequito said:

You're not a bad mommy for having a meltdown.  They happen.  You will live through it and so will LO.  One thing that helps me is letting DH know when I just absolutely can't take it (and vice versa).  Think of yourselves as a wrestling tag team - when one of you is absolutely exhausted and can't do anymore tag the other in and you leave the ring.  LO could be going through a fussy phase, teething could be the issue, whatever.  If LO needs to be comforted and you can't do it let DH.  And if you're into CIO go for it but make sure you're both on the same page - you don't want to wind up like that episode of Modern Family where Cam was bawling his eyes out while Lily cried because Mitchell was adamant about letting her CIO.  Good luck.  Take some deep breaths.  Get yourself a yummy latte.  Give LO a kiss and a hug - he/she won't remember having screamed all night.

Love this! Thank you!

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"