C-sections
Options

Tubal ligation with c-section

I am pg with my 3rd and last baby. I have had 2 previous c-sections and most likely will have a 3rd.

Dh and I were talking about tubal vs vasectomy. Anyone have a tubal with their c-section? Any additional recovery? Any regrets? Any side effects (ie hormonal?) tia
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tubal ligation with c-section

• Options
    No personal experience but I'm in the same position as you. This is our 3rd and last. It just makes more sense while they are already in there for me to have the tubal. Plus, I also know that DH cannot be counted on to have the big V done. We had planned for him to have it done after our last and well... He just never got around to it and now... Here we are ;-). We are thrilled about this baby but she is definitely our lil oops!

• Options
    Just had my third csect 3 weeks ago and had a tubal as well. It took about 10 minutes longer in the OR and so far I haven't had any additional recovery. My pp bleeding is much lighter this time and I wonder if it is because of the tubal but I'm not sure how it make a difference and I haven't asked my OB. I say go for it! Just remember it is a permanent procedure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am having mine done in 11 days with my RCS.  Has anyone experience lack of milk production after a tubal ligation?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have a tubal but a friend of mine did and recovery went well but her periods after were horrible. She said she had a lot of cramping and they were heavier than before. She wishes she didn't have it done.

I was told with this last section I could not have any more but they wouldn't tie my tubes since I hadn't authorized it ahead of time. So my husband did have a vasectomy. It was super easy and fast. About 15 minutes in a procedure room at the clinic. They actual rip the scrotum (which sounds horrible but isn't) instead of cut so it heals faster. He was give a numbing shot of course and said the worst part was the smell when they cauterized the ends of the tubes after they cut the section out. He was able to walk to the car and went home iced it and took the pain killers and napped. There was bruising but honestly he was fine like 2 days after it. 

I'm glad we did it this way. The only side effect for him was the initial pain, and minor pain the first ejaculation after (which is normal), and he thinks his balls hang a little lower. I considered a tubal but was super worried about it messing up my periods so for us this way worked better. Plus I figured I birthed his 4 kids he could have 1 minor procedure. 
  • Options
    I had it done after mine RCS. No it did not effect my milk. I am still breast feeding at 6 months and going strong. AF returned last month and my flow was a little heavier but no more painful than before. And recovery was fine no problems.

• Options
    I had one done after my rcs in July. I don't regret it, however I have had heavier periods and slightly more cramping since.

Recovery wasn't any different and I was just in the OR a little longer.
  • Options
    1A1A member
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for asking this question OP. I am also planning a tubal with my RCS in March, so I was curious about these answers.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat baby #3 and my 3rd c-section is scheduled for Dec 17th and I have already signed the paper for my tubal.......Thanks for asking OP ;)
  • Options
    Just did this 9 days ago! I'm feeling great :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    I just had my second csection with a tubal. No extra recovery at all, in fact it was an awesome recovery and I'm just over 3 weeks pp. and my milk came in on day 3 and I have a good supply.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"