Nurseries and Baby Gear

Compact All-Terrane Stroller

Hey ladies. I've been researching strollers on Amazon for almost a year and haven't found anything I'm super excited for. I've decided to get the First Years Ignite stroller for quick trips (I love that it's an umbrella stroller with a parent tray and basket underneath). My husband and I do a lot of trail walking with our dog (on dirt trails, mulch trails, paved trails) and we'd like a "jogging" all terrain stroller for those walks. I'm discouraged because they are all petty bulky and take up a lot of space in the car. Any suggestions?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Compact All-Terrane Stroller

• do you want to actually jog with it?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No, I don't run. Just a lot of walking.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • City Mini GT :)  Folds flat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • BOB strollers are a bit bulky, but handle terrain sooooo nicely!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • We have a Phil and Teds navigator and have been able to take it on dirt trails covered with tree roots and more as well as sand , rocks and just about everything else with ease. It folds pretty flat and is light compared to our old baby trend jogger. We have had our first Phil and teds since summer 2009 and its still in amazing condition . The biggest drawback in the lack of parent try but many after market products take care of that and storage which we have worked around .
  • city mini GT or if you want 4 wheels and no rear axel going between the two wheels, the newish BOB motion. Sounds like both fold to approx the same size.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I do lots if dog walking on rough terrain. I prefer to baby/toddler wear as it gives me both hands for the dog. But now that I have two I got the city mini GT for my toddler & love it! My friends all have stroller envy :) I can put the stroller and my dog in the trunk of my car and drive 6 hours with no issue (we have a boxer).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • I do lots if dog walking on rough terrain. I prefer to baby/toddler wear as it gives me both hands for the dog. But now that I have two I got the city mini GT for my toddler & love it! My friends all have stroller envy :) I can put the stroller and my dog in the trunk of my car and drive 6 hours with no issue (we have a boxer).

Very helpful - thank you! Now I just have to get myself used to the big price tag :-)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"