April 2014 Moms
Options

Do you feel your own heartbeat in your belly?

Can you tell I'm a FTM? I know we have a LOT more blood flowing through our bodies right now, so naturally the heartbeat is more noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else can feel their HB in their belly. At first I was thinking it was baby moving, but soon realized it was my own HB. Hope this doesn't make me sound cray cray! ;)

Re: Do you feel your own heartbeat in your belly?

• Options
    I can too! It's strange but I notice it anytime I'm relaxed.
  • Options
    I can too, but not always. Usually when I'm relaxed and focused... Which is a pain in the butt because me being relaxed and focused usually means I'm trying to feel the baby! :)) Never works out anyway; it's still to early for me to feel baby when I want to. Still way too random. Booooo!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes from the outside when I put my hand on my belly.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep!  I feel my heartbeat by my belly button all the time!  Sometimes, when I'm laying down, you can see my stomach move!!  A few years ago I started noticing it and I asked my Dr. at a regular physical just to make sure I shouldn't be worried.  Now it's annoying because sometimes when I feel baby kick, I'll tell DH to try and feel but all he feels is my heartbeat!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes lol if I sit and relax for a wile I can even see my belly moving like my heart is there
  • Options
    I do! I can see mine, too.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! And before I felt her move on a regular basis, I would sit and focus and try to feel her and all I could focus on was my pulse. Haha. Now that she is such a wiggler I can distinguish between her and my pulse.

Random weird fact: I hate the feeling of my
  • Options
    Yep. I notice it most when I'm trying to be still and quiet. It's obnoxious at times - like when I'm trying to fall asleep!
  • Options
    I noticed this two days ago. I thought I was going crazy as well. Haha
  • Options
    Yepp!! Sure can!
  • Options
    Yup, I can feel it. So weird!
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    Yes!! I can see my belly move too. I can also feel/hear my heart beat in my ear when I lay on my left side. It's annoying.
  • Options
    Isn't the heartbeat you feel in your belly the blood in your placenta/umbilical cord? That's what I thought...
  • Options

Isn't the heartbeat you feel in your belly the blood in your placenta/umbilical cord? That's what I thought...

That's what I was thinking. Not sure though.
  • Options
    I think when people say heart beat they mean pulse.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's cause your aorta runs down the middle of your torso to your tummy. I always used to feel it pulsing when I would lay out on my stomach
  • Options
    I noticed this too last night. Strange!
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    It's your abdominal aorta. Also if you press kinda hard with your fingers you can feel the pulse in your over stretched fingers.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and still haven't felt the baby move...every time I try to concentrate to see if I can feel it, all I end up feeling is my own pulse/heartbeat. Ugh! Someday!
  • Options
    I had the ear one last night, super annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"