Nurseries and Baby Gear

Cribs

Hello! I have a 15 month DS and am 29 weeks pregnant with my DD. My parents bought our nursery furniture for DS. It is gorgeous and was pricey. DS is not close to ready for a toddler bed yet so I am needing to purchase a whole new nursery for dd. I am wanting to be frugal and wal mart and SAMs has some very inexpensive options online but I'm a bit worried it will look really cheaply made. Anyone have any thoughts on going this route? If it is going to look bad, I can afford pricier stuff, just rather not shell it out if the cheaper stuff looks fine. Thanks!

Re: Cribs

• Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like PPs I have a Baby Mod from Walmart and love it. It comes with the toddler bed rail and is actually a Million Dollar Baby crib. We have the Cadence. It's actually way nicer than most BRU cribs. I was shocked. It's really heavy too.

They are doing free mattresses right now with Graco and a few other brand cribs as well. Everything is delivered to your door for just under $10.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Does anyone know of a USA made cribs that aren't $800+? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mullenem said:
    We have the Graco Lauren crib and love it.  It's held up really well and we've gotten a lot of compliments on it.  We got the Ikea Hemnes dresser to go with it.  It doesn't match exactly but it's good enough for us and the dresser works great.

Hey go green!

I was considering the lauren crib & the hemnes dresser. What about it doesn't match? We have 2 hemnes dressers & a nightstand in our room so I know the style, but does it look too mismatched together? Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We got the delta Bentley from target
  • Ikea is another option. Their cribs are highly rated and relatively inexpensive. You can also watch out for deals on furniture at BRU. We got a crib and a dresser for ~$700 using 20% off coupons and signing up for their credit card to get an extra 10% off.

• Ikea - cheap, nice looking, good reviews. Love ours!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"