March 2013 Moms

UO Thursday?

Bueller? Bueller?

Mine is that although I'm generally a live and let live kind of person, I think it is perfectly acceptable to call people out on car seat safety stuff. Even strangers. I know that makes me pretty much the most annoying person ever but it gets me sooo badly when I see chest clips on a poor innocent babies belly!

If me being a jerk and saying something about it saves your kids little internal organs in the event of an accident, so be it. I'll take one for the team and be the jerk of the day.

Re: UO Thursday?

• I hate KFC and think their food is disgusting.
  • I love the movie "Captain Ron". I love bad movies but I don't think that this is a bad movie. I think of it as a good movie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate football. I hope DS never wants to play it.
  • Ditto to KFC and football. I've never heard if captain Ron. I do really like a few off the wall movies that most people have never heard of. My favorite being dead men don't wear plaid!

Kudos to anyone else who've seen it!!
  • I never bought DD a Wubbanub because I thought they looked stupid.  I know they are probably quite functional, but I just couldn't get over how dumb it looked to have a stuffed animal hanging off her binky.

And yeah, I know it's Friday now, but better late than never right??
  • Agreed better late than never.
    Mine is that I'm looking for old Looney Toons and Disney cartoons for LO for Christmas cause I can't stand the current cartoons.
  • Mine is-I let my kid fall or bonk her head sometimes. As in, I see she's headed for disaster or might fall back (And provided it's not a hard surface ) and i kind of let her just let her fall backwards without catching her. she learned fairly quickly how to fall on her butt....
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • VPGIRL06 said:

Mine is-I let my kid fall or bonk her head sometimes. As in, I see she's headed for disaster or might fall back (And provided it's not a hard surface ) and i kind of let her just let her fall backwards without catching her. she learned fairly quickly how to fall on her butt....

Haha me too! I would rather dd have a controlled fall with me then have a horrible one out of my sight. They gotta learn!
  • egb+jaf said:
    Mine is-I let my kid fall or bonk her head sometimes. As in, I see she's headed for disaster or might fall back (And provided it's not a hard surface ) and i kind of let her just let her fall backwards without catching her. she learned fairly quickly how to fall on her butt....
    Haha me too! I would rather dd have a controlled fall with me then have a horrible one out of my sight. They gotta learn!
    thats how i feel! We've never had to deal with the "standing and can't get back down" thing in the crib, which is partially just personality but also i think she learned HOW to fall on her butt..for the record, any posters dealing with it, I always made it a game. Also, I would sing her a song about her standing up,then sitting down, which she loved...
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Really late than never???

Putting sugar in water to get them to like it better. You wonder why we have an issue with childhood obesity and diabetes!?!

We don't do a lot of water, but during a big meal, I give DD a little water to wash it down usually by using a straw, holding my finger on it and "tapping" it in her mouth as she sucks on the straw. She makes a little face, but always accepts more.

Anniversary

• Really late than never???

Putting sugar in water to get them to like it better. You wonder why we have an issue with childhood obesity and diabetes!?!

We don't do a lot of water, but during a big meal, I give DD a little water to wash it down usually by using a straw, holding my finger on it and "tapping" it in her mouth as she sucks on the straw. She makes a little face, but always accepts more.

I'm tempted to try that, LO will try his sippy cup of water and shake his head like "no" and just play with the cup.
  • All the people I talk to say they just put a tiny pinch and then wean them off. It still just bothers me. If I had to do something along those lines, maybe I would do a little squeeze from a Crystal Light water flavor since they are 0 calories or Mio. Just am not a fan of adding any more sugar to their diet than they already get

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"