January 2014 Moms
Options

baby's position

Anyone know what position their baby is in?  My doc confirmed what I thought, that LO was diagonal, or oblique, and has been for weeks.  He has not moved.  anyone have experience with this, and know what I can do to help encourage him to go head down?   I already checked out spinningbabies.com and its helpful but I'm not comfortable with some of the moves they suggest. 

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby's position

• Options
    I have been trying to figure out what way she's in there. I'm thinking it's her feet that I feel at the top of my belly leading me to think she's head down but I know I'm probably totally wrong.

I think I have a sono next week at my appt so hopefully my doc can confirm either way.
  • Options
    At my appointment on Monday, she was head down.  However, my ob said don't be surprised if she continues to turn around.  It isn't until around 35 weeks that my ob wants her to be head down and stay head down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My last few ultrasounds showed her head down. My only way to tell, I feel her hiccups (like a heartbeat) by my crotch. Lol. So I can assume that is her head down!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I never know. He was head down at my last u/s at 30 weeks.  But last night it felt like LO was trying to crawl into my chest cavity, all while keeping some limb pressed on my bladder.  I thought they were suppose to be getting lower!  :-/  My only conclusion is that he's running away from my cervix and the whole birthing process
    photo 750f3c1a-2ade-403a-a0f5-dc1db83a8c08_zps3b41b396.jpgphoto 823a6982-64ae-4aeb-8830-c03461e6d517_zps5e065d1f.jpgphoto 53bf98f1-e49e-4c67-acd7-61db3c981d79_zps7cd2176b.jpg
  • Options
    I can't tell a head from a foot from a tiny butt, and my doctor hasn't checked yet. My feeling (perhaps because of anterior placenta) is that he is sideways, head on right side, legs on left. All I want us for him to be head down when the time comes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yea, I thought LO was head down, but his head is in my left hip and butt in the right upper quadrant, so that's diagonal.  At least he is on his way! 

• Options
    Head down. And s/he has been since September 22nd (I know the date because I was in the car with my mom and it was her and my day's anniversary) I had a MW appointment a week before and they said baby was head up then in the car that day I felt this massive pressure and pushing on my stomach (and all of a sudden I felt very sick) and at the next appointment they said baby was head down and asked if I had felt any weird movement before I even said anything.
    Loving life with two boys who are 10 months apart and can't wait for team green baby to join us and thinking daily about our angel who was with us for a very short time. (CP at 4 weeks and 5 days) Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    On my maternity notes it says ceph which I think means head down
  • Options
    My A is frank breech and B is transverse with their head on my left side and kicks out my right side. 
  • Options
    As of Monday, my doctor told me he was breech.  He's been head up for a while now.  I'm afraid he's getting a little too comfy that way.  I tried SpinningBabies.com and even put an ice pack on his little head.  I felt like a terrible mama for that one!  He moved away from the ice and woke up kicking but didn't flip.  :( 
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Options
    At my appt earlier this week, she was breech. But not it feels like she's sideways and trying to crawl through my right side to get to my back, which feels really weird, but hopefully it means she's trying to move head down!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

J14's January Signature Challenge: Favorite Post-Delivery Indulgence

Our little Princess is due 1.29.14
  • Options
    At my Appt on Tuesday the doctor said he was breech, but that it wasn't a concern until about 36 weeks... I'll be at 30 weeks this weekend so still lots of time. I looked online and found that it is estimated that about 25% of babies are in breech position at 28 weeks, but that at term it is closer to 3 or 4%. So really, chances are that he will flip. I'm trying not to stress about it... Easier said than done!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She's head down and has been for weeks. I think she flipped for like a day, didn't seem to like it and went  back. She does still roll back and forth a lot, but mostly sits with her little butt pushing out on the right side of my belly. DD sat the same way. 
    I can tell because I feel the hiccups really low and a difference in feet and hand movements. 

• Options
    This octopus of a little man JUST changed position from diagonal where head was lower left and feet were high on the right to now straight up and down.  His head has been down and tucked low for a few weeks since I have felt what can be described as his hiccups like a low heartbeat way down in the nether region.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Options
    As of my appointment yesterday head down facing my right side so all the kicks and punches are beating up my right side. 

• Options
    She was head up most of my pregnancy, then the first week of Oct she flipped to head down and has stayed that way.  I knew she flipped when I suddenly had a ton of hip pain/soreness, soreness in one spot on my back, and I was only feeling low hits, nothing up high (she was facing my butt, so kicks were going into my back).  Now she's sitting in a bit of a C shape, facing my right hip.  I get lots of low punches and kicks on my mid to right upper belly area.  And my hips are always killing me, lol.  
  • Options

Head waaaaay down (hiccups beside my cervix are REALLY killing any prospect for ST these days) the majority of the time and at every recent ultrasound, but I know every once in a while he comes up for air and lies transverse because my belly drastically changes shape.

DS1 was the same way - I must have a comfortable pelvis.

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options
    My LO has been head down since 21 weeks..we believe she's an over-achiever, but I do get worried if she's gonna do a 360 by my due date and we have to go with a c/s.
  • Options
    My LO has been head down since 21 weeks..we believe she's an over-achiever, but I do get worried if she's gonna do a 360 by my due date and we have to go with a c/s.
    That's where we are, too. At my checkup last week, they were finding the baby's heartbeat very low on my stomach, and I feel strong kicks towards my mid-section, so I believe she's still head down at 29 weeks. Hopefully she'll stay there, but there's still lots of time and she still has room to move around.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He's been head down the last 3wks for the most part, but he switches to transverse sometimes (I can tell by where he punches/kicks).

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    I have a doctor appointment next week so then I will know for sure but I would be very surprised if she didn't tell me his head was down. I can feel his hiccups down low all the time and his kicks a few inchs above my bellybutton.
  • Options
    Baby is breech, has been since about 22 weeks. I will have a c-section, so I'm not too concerned.
  • Options
    Everytime my OB checks he is head down but I feel like he moves all around when she isn't looking. I already have a little trouble maker. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS was oblique until pretty far into my pregnancy 38 or 39 weeks and eventually just went the rest of the way head down.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    I thought head down with the butt in my right ribs- an ultra sound this week showed that was the position. The tech said the baby is literally in my ribs. I thought so!
  • Options
    I had an appt this morning (31 weeks) and head is down!
  • Options
    Head down. Has been since about 25ish weeks.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    She's head down but at an angle. Her butt and feet are on my left side but her head is near my right hip. I can feel where her kicks/ punches are and she hasn't budged in weeks. The tech confirms her positioning at my EOW ultrasounds lol
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    Transverse and soooo uncomfortable!
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure she is head down since my OB has never said otherwise. Sometimes I think she is doing headstands in there because I get such intense pressure on my bladder when I stand but she is also right under my ribs.

Sorry no advice on how to get them to move though!

• Options
    I honestly have no clue! At my two ultrasounds (20 and 27 weeks), he was breech. I used to always feel kicks on the left and what I take to be hiccups down low in my pelvis, but starting two days ago, the kicks all seem to be on the right. So, yeah, no idea!

As far as getting LO to adjust, after 36 weeks I've heard ice can help. There are also some basic yoga positions that can help, but our class instructor told us to really not worry or work on his position until after 36 weeks.
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • Options
    At my appointment on Monday, the doc was sure she's head down. Him feeling for her head was pretty uncomfortable. He said her shoulders were near my belly button. I'm always feeling what I suppose is her feet under my right rib area. I'll have an ultrasound next visit, so I'm looking forward to somewhat seeing exactly how she's contorted in there!
  • Options
    My A is frank breech and B is transverse with their head on my left side and kicks out my right side. 
    my babies are almost the same position baby A is heads down but baby B his head is on the left side and both of their feet meet up at my right rib (my right rib is taking a beating)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think he is diagonal, with his feet on my lower left and head upper right. Sometimes I can fell and see his head from the outside, to the right of my belly button. So freaky and wonderful at the same time! I do hope he decides to flip soon!! I'll ask the doc on Monday about it.
    CafeMom Tickers
                                     image image
  • Options
    My favorite game lately is "what's that body part?"  I really can't tell.  At my last 3 appointments, the midwife guessed baby was head down.  But I know baby is still moving around quite a bit because I feel the source of the hiccups change almost daily.  At 32 weeks, I'm not going to stress about it just yet.  
  • Options
    At my last two appointments he has been head down.
  • Options
    I'm pretty positive that he's head down and has been for a couple weeks. I always feel his hiccups way low, and his feet protrude out of the top of my belly frequently. Sometimes I can feel his back/butt on my right side.

imageimage

• Options
    My little guy was head down, facing front last week but I felt some crazy movement yesterday that makes me think he flipped or flopped into a different position.

• Options
    32 weeks, head down for at least 4 weeks (last appointment, we will see on Monday!). I think I'm feeling leg kicks under my ribs, her bum moving side to side around belly button/above button, and hands low down, sometimes head pushing low down, side to side. I think she is bum out too. I'm 90% sure anyway, I'll find out on Monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"