Baby Showers

So is it cheesy to...

Have a welcome home party at our house after the baby is born (we are adopting by the way).  I think it would be easier so people could see the baby's room and I wouldn't have to bring the baby and presents home from another shower location.  I think my sisters want it to be a welcome home baby shower.  We also have to stay out of state for a week to a week and a half.  WWYD?  Thanks.

Re: So is it cheesy to...

• it's not cheesy to have a "meet the baby" party, but combining it with a shower is iffy. ?most likely, people will bring gifts anyway.

if your sisters want to throw you a shower, that should be a totally different thing. ?

personally, i would just opt for the first idea, and enjoy introducing everyone to the new baby. ?congratulations on your adoption.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely nothing wrong with having a meet & greet at your house. I also don't see anything wrong with holding the shower there, since the no-no is hosting it yourself but your sister would be hosting. For example, I'll probably have my sister's shower at her house because there's more space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • no, that sounds fine to me!  Just don't call it a "shower".
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not at all cheesy.  Just have your sisters make it clear that while the shower is at your house, they are hosting.  Sit back and enjoy showing off that baby!
  • Thanks girls!  Now the hard part is sitting back and letting them take care of everything.  I am such a control freak and like to be in chargeBig Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"