March 2013 Moms

Teeth

Just curious how many teeth everyone's LOs are sporting nowadays. DS got the first 2 fairly early at 4.5mo. Now he's 8mo tomorrow and still only has two. Although judging from the massive amounts of drool starting up again, he may get some more soon.

Re: Teeth

• DS is 8 months and just had his first tooth poke through 3 days ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• DS has only the bottom 2.

When we went to the dentist last week, the dentist said he was teething, but I can't see anything that says he'll have any top teeth any time soon.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is over 8 months, and still none!  She's been acting like she's teething forever now, I am over trying to predict when one will actually start poking through.
  • My dd got her bottom 2 around 5 months.  Then 2 weeks ago she cut a top tooth.  Not one of the front two but the one right next those.  She was a complete mess this time with teething.  The first 2 (which she cut within days of each other) was no biggie.  She just whined a little more.  This time she had the red face, congestion, drool, bad poops and everything else you could think of.  I think she is going to cut another one soon but right now she just has 3.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DD has two on the bottom. Does not look like the top are coming anytime soon.
  • Ds2 has zero teeth so far at 8 months. 

Dd had 12 teeth at 12 months and lost her baby teeth fairly early (she had all perm teeth by 3rd grade) while ds1 got his first tooth a week before his 1st birthday and lost his first baby tooth in 2nd grade and last baby tooth in 8th grade (dentist had to pull a bunch of his baby teeth because the permanent teeth weren't pushing them out - one perm tooth even came in behind the baby tooth)  I've wondered if there is a correlation between how early they get they baby teeth and how early they lose the baby teeth.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • My dd got both her bottom teeth with a week of each other at 5 months and we've still just got the two. But, you can see where her top incisors are starting to poke more so I'm sure we'll have move soon
  • DS is 8 1/2 months and has no teeth.  As with pp, I keep thinking he is teething and then nothing happens.  My DDs had top and bottom teeth by 6 months.  All kids are different!
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Dd is 8 months and has 8 and I feel like more are comming.
  • LO got her front bottom 2 last week.  Looks like more are about to pop through...her gums are super swollen. 
  • Dd is 8 months and has 8 and I feel like more are comming.
    Same here, 8 teeth! Looking like a toddler!
  • 3 over here and this last one (a top one) has been a nightmare.
  • My daughter also has zero teeth at 8 months. I'm enjoying that toothless smile though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD has 6 teeth.  The bottom 2 are totally in and the top 4 are coming in all together.  Poor girl!  She's a chewing and drooling mess!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pavlovcat said:

DD is over 8 months, and still none!  She's been acting like she's teething forever now, I am over trying to predict when one will actually start poking through.

Our girls sound so similar.  :)  Mine will be 8 months next week, has been teething since about 3.5 months and STILL NOTHING!  It drives me nuts.  I wonder if, when their first teeth pop out, they'll finally sleep again!

I sure hope so!!

• DS has the lower contrail incisors and one upper central incisor.
  • At 8 months Dd has had her two bottom teeth for a little over a month now. :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SidraJediSidraJedi member
    edited November 2013
    DD got her first three all at once at about 6.5 months. It seemed like she didn't fuss very much for those and if she did a bit of ice would calm her down.

She is having some teething pain now and is INCONSOLABLE 8-} There is nothing that I can do to make her feel better. One minute she is happy and the next screaming and biting me. I feel like I am going nuts. I really hope that it doesn't get any worse [-O<
  • haileyq said:
    Dd is 8 months and has 8 and I feel like more are comming.
    Same here, 8 teeth! Looking like a toddler!
    yup. our friends WITH a toddler said she has more teeth than their kid already......
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • bottom 2 around 6 months. drooling is starting up again, but haven't checked for more buds

Anniversary

• DS will be 9 months in a couple weeks and he has 7 teeth and I think he's getting more he drools like no tomorrow lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • zzbbzzbb member
    edited November 2013
    Almost 8 months and no teeth...I thought he was teething last week when he stopped sleeping but it was a sore in his throat and now we are back to not sleeping in our crib at night alone...so I'm not looking forward to teething if it is anything like this last week.
  • Almost 8 months and no teeth...I thought he was teething last week when he stopped sleeping but it was a sore in his throat and now we are back to not sleeping in our crib at night alone...so I'm not looking forward to teething if it is anything like this last week.
    The first couple were kinda rough, buthe also got a cold at the same time. He's cutting two more right now, and it's not so bad this time. Mostly lots of drool, chomping on everything, and possibly not as into his solids ATM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"