July 2014 Moms
Options

whose a first time mom??

I just recently got married 5 months ago and it has been a big shock to find out that I am pregnant. We wanted to wait a few years but are happy despite! I've always wanted to be a mom. I am definable feeling overwhelmed. I don't live near my family so it is hard. I am excited and nervous all at the same time and this seems to consume my mind. How are you ladies feeling? Was it planned or unplanned?

Re: whose a first time mom??

• Options
    Another first time mommy here! DH and I have been together for 6 years and our pregnancy was planned. We decided to start trying in September and I used FF, BBT, OPKs to pinpoint my O-days. 
    We are so excited! I am a little anxious to see what pregnancy symptoms will come, but that is a reminder that a little human is growing inside of me. :)
    It is normal for you to be feeling overwhelmed. The way I get past that is by latching on to the philosophy, "sit back and enjoy the ride". 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    Anniversary

TTC #1 since 08/2013
    BFP! 11/7/2013
    EDD 7/21/2014
    Baby! 7/20/2014 
    9:14pm - 9lb 14 oz - 20 inches

• Options
    Haha! This is true. I am already having symptoms but I am so excited for them! Have you gotten to tell many people yet? I have told my immediate family and one friend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First time mama here too ! Got married in september and came home from our honeymoon prego! Super excited! Nervous too.. always wanted to be a mom! Congrats all!
  • Options
    Mrsturner I am so glad that I am not the only one who got pregnant so soon in marriage!
  • Options
    That's awesome! Feels so good to not be only one
  • Options
    FTM here.  Married about 1.5 years now. :)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JessicaRN06JessicaRN06 member
    edited November 2013
    First time Mommy here too! :-)  I am super excited, but also super nervous.  Not married but have been in a relationship for just over a year.  We are both divorced.  I am 29 and he's 38.  We are happy and in love!  This was a big surprise, but I can't say it was unplanned.  I think it was in God's plans all along, only we didn't know it.  I have been wanting a baby for a long time, and I couldn't be happier!  I am due July 12, 2014.  I have my first ultrasound on December 10.  Can't wait!!  
  • Options
    My mom keeps tellin me how fun it is because you get so much attention. Not that I'm an attention seeker, but I'm not opposed haha!
  • Options
    First time mommy here too. We got married October 5 and came bald from the Bahamas with a baby in board. We just didn't know. Congratulations.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I have been married 2.5 yrs and it was planned. I stopped pills in August and got pregnant way sooner than I thought we would. First ultrasound is Wed 11/13. Super excited and nervouse! Hoping all goes well and we get a HB. Good luck and congrats to us all!!
  • Options
    First time for us! We got married six months ago but have been together for 7 years, and are so excited, just anxious for the 1st ultrasound to make sure everything is ok =]
  • Options
    According to when my last period started I am supposed to be almost 7 weeks!! I don't think I'm even close to that though. I think I'm more like 3 almost 4 weeks, but wear newly weds so I cannot pin point when I might have concieved
  • Options
    I'm a first time mom and just got married in August. We were trying but we still didn't quite expect it this fast. We're thrilled though : )
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP 10/27/13---Heartbeat 11/20/13---Its a BOY, Ethan Ray 2/18/14---Possible heart defect 2/18/14---Confirmed Aortic valve abnormality 3/26/14---Scheduled delivery June30th
  • Options
    Wow that's great! I really love that I am not the only newly wed. It's very comforting!
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding and baby! We were married one year on August 18 and planned this baby (also our first).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got married August 3rd! Talk about quick! We weren't expecting this but obviously God had other plans. I was even on BC. We're happy though & excited.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We figures this is just in Gods plan so we just know everything is going to work out just fine :)
  • Options
    We're anxious too! DH won't 100% accept it until a doctor tells him it's true. We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 9 years, married for 2 1/2. We just started trying and it worked right away! Super excited and hoping for a boy but will be happy no matter what.
    image          image

• Options
    First time pregnancy for me! My husband and I got married in June 2012. We had been trying for a few months and are so excited!!!
  • Options
    First time mom. Married May 25th and started trying in August
  • Options
    I am and am totally lost with all this forum lingo...can anyone translate?
  • Options
    First timer here as well. We got married in March & started trying in August. Was so happy to finally see a BFP just over a week ago!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First time mom here too! October 5th was our first anniversary, we started trying right before that in September and here we are :-). Super excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    FTM here too! My husband and I were married a year in September. We started trying in October and BAM, preggo! Seems surreal to have it happen the first month but we're so thankful. Just sitting back and crossing our fingers that everything is and will continue to go well. H & H 9 months to all of you!
  • Options
    I'm also a FTM! We just found out a few days ago, and I've been testing once a day, everyday just to make sure. I'm nervous, but so excited too! We have been trying since March 2013, so it's super exciting to finally be here! Supposedly going do be due July 12th. Congrats to you all!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is all so exciting. I have been having some trouble sleeping. I have weird dreams and wake up multiple times in the night. Last night I didn't feel like I had a very good nights sleep. I hope this passes soon.
  • Options
    First time mom :) Praying it all goes well for me and all of you! :)
  • Options
    I'm first-timer too.  We got married in April and decided to start trying in October and got pregnant immediately.  I'm super nervous!  I haven't had many symptoms yet, but am really dreading any kind of morning sickness.  I have an intense job, so not sure how to deal with that at work if it happens.
    My DH is beyond excited!  So far we haven't told a single person (unless you count my hairdresser).  We are waiting till Christmas (12 weeks) to tell everyone, but I'm a week in and already struggling with that.
  • Options
    I have been with hubby 6 yrs, married 2 and finally decided to plan it. After 2 months of trying, we are pregnant! Having lots of nausea, tired more and a couple other symptoms. Should be an interesting but exciting ride! My 1st prenatal apt is Nov 20th, how bout everyone elses?
  • Options
    tpandjessetpandjesse member
    edited November 2013
    The dh and I got married in Sept and here we are! at 5w3d, first appt on th.... excited to see it! and get a heartbeat update!!! good luck ladies! hugs all around!

Now I wish i wasn't so scatterbrained that I could figure out how to post a ticker!
  • Options
    First timer! Very much planned, this is an IVF baby. 3 years TTC, married for 3.5. I'm still very much in a state of shock and worry, but it's a beautiful experience so far.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    I'm a first timer. I'm not married to my partner but we are very excited we are currently 6 weeks along and only found out last weekend. It wasn't planned but we couldn't be happier :)
  • Options
    FTM here! Just married in September & first month trying, was a bit surprised as I thought it would take a few months! It is the 1st grandchild on both sides as well. Sending a H&H 9 months to all of us.

• Options
    first timer! :) we've been married a year in september. we started trying right after that and got pregnant on the second try. crazy!
  • Options
    I went to the bathroom today and there was a lot of blood like I was in he middle of my period or something. It didn't start off slow. There was no blood in my underwear or anything. I can't get a hold of a doctor and I'm so heart broken right now
  • Options
    My husband an I have been married since July 2012 and we are expecting out first in July 2014! We've been trying since the night we got married! We have been together since jab of 08. And have always dreamed of having a family and it's finally time!
  • Options
    jbethp said:

I'm also a FTM! We just found out a few days ago, and I've been testing once a day, everyday just to make sure. I'm nervous, but so excited too! We have been trying since March 2013, so it's super exciting to finally be here! Supposedly going do be due July 12th. Congrats to you all!

We have the same EDD!!
  • Options
    Hi, im also a first time mom. We have only been married 6 months. We wanted to wait a little longer but things happened sooner then expected. I am happy just really nervous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"