Eco-Friendly Family
Options

indoor worm composting

We'd like to start an indoor worm composting bin. Has anyone had any success with this? If so, did you make your own bin or buy a specialty bin? Any tips would be appreciated!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: indoor worm composting

• Options
    We bought one and had success with it.  It was kind of fun but we stopped doing it after a while.  I found that we didn't have enough trays to keep up with our compost, so if I had to do it again, I would probably order more trays and more worms to keep up.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options

Thanks! I was a bit worried we wouldn't have enough food waste to support worms, but I've been keeping track of our food scraps and it's quite a lot!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just got our worm bin set up two days ago. Apparently, as long as you avoid the following: meat, dairy, oils, cooked foods, garlic, citrus, broccoli, and onions, it shouldn't smell. Also, from what I've read, you have to make sure you don't over feed them and make sure to bury all of the food under a layer of bedding (moist newspaper, cardboard, leaves, etc). We're keeping it in the basement, but hopefully it won't smell. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"