December 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas shopping

I have to send the Christmas package for my family in Germany soon as well as the one for my friends in Italy. I just can't come up with ideas on what to give them! I thought about making a calendar with pictures from Alex for my parents, but haven't even started that yet. 

Have you all started your Christmas shopping yet? Only 7 more weeks! Holy crap. 
DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: Christmas shopping

• Options

I've started shopping for DD when I see things ridiculously on sale. So far she has a train table on wheels that will slide under her bed, a trunk filled with dress up clothes and accessories, and a huge Disney Princess arts and crafts kit filled with all sorts of goodies.

My expat group hosts a huge craft sale in a couple weeks that draws local crafts people from around Scotland. I plan on doing all my Christmas shopping there for family back in the States.

For grandparents this year, we just had a photographer take professional family pictures. Our plan is to give our families some of these pictures too. I cannot wait to see how they turned out!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Oh jeez, I'm so behind!! I haven't done a thing, and as you know, my gifts have to go from Germany to the States. And then we have DS's birthday right behind Christmas. I need to get it in gear!

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I've bought one present for DS and a stocking stuffer, that's it! It seems like it always sneaks up fast. DH and I already have a wish list and one for DS I guess I just need to start buying. I like to wait after Thanksgiving to really start buying in case there's some black friday online deals :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I've bought a few things - but mostly small stocking stuffers.  I still have no idea what to get DS for his brithday in less than 2 weeks!!! 

• Options
    Oh my gosh 7 weeks! I have bought DS just a couple small toys. I haven't even started shopping for family. I'm so uncreative this year. I am clueless.
  • Options
    I haven't started shopping at all. I'm more in the thinking-up-good-ideas stage of Christmas shopping. My sisters and I have decided to stop exchanging gifts this year, so that makes things a bit easier.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I haven't started shopping at all. I'm more in the thinking-up-good-ideas stage of Christmas shopping. My sisters and I have decided to stop exchanging gifts this year, so that makes things a bit easier.

All of this!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We really only buy for the kids in the family & the parents (mine & DH's), but no, we haven't done anything yet. Heck, we still haven't done a single thing for the new baby's nursery yet either. It is still a guest room.

I've been eyeing up toy catalogs though, trying to make a mental list of the bigger things I for sure want to get DS. Also thinking of his bday party.

I sure am glad we decined to host Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. Just WAY too much going on! Part of me really wanted to because I make a mean turkey (<toot><toot> my own horn there. ) but I'm just too exhausted.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    This is such a crazy time of year for us. I have both girls birthdays to buy for before Christmas. Sometimes I just end up buying stuff I know they'll like and then later decide if it's a birthday or a Christmas gift. I haven't really bought much for Christmas yet - just a few little stocking stuffer things for the girls. I know what we're getting the girls - I just haven't bought them yet. I have no ideas for my husband or really any of the rest of my family. I'll do photo books for my mom and MIL, but I haven't started them yet. I feel like I have no time this year and I have a whole lot to do.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have his birthday shopping done, but may get another small thing I've been eyeing for him. I haven't started Christmas shopping. I usually Black Friday shop with my MIL, and do 99% of it all on that day. So I don't feel like I'm behind just yet! Even if things aren't on sale, I like to get it all on one trip and then get everything wrapped at once.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This weekend was a great success present-wise! Everything bought, wrapped or ordered and set to arrive by Friday, so I can mail out my packets early next week, woohoo! I even got everything for DH and almost everything for Alex already! Yeah!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"